Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mackka

It's not mould , just a stain coming through

The people that had the cottage before us did not seal the roof very well

It's ok as it is a easy fix but time to do it

I am going to use a product called Zinsser B.I.N interior and spot exterior

Primer sealer stain blocker

Will do a light sand then put it on , then repaint the sealing again

Have 3 spots in loungeroom and 1 in the bathroom and another in the bathroom to do

When I put my mind to it I will Nock that off in a afternoon

The outside should only take couple of days I hope as I don't want to be painting when it is to hot out side as it nocks me about a bit

As today it is going to be 27 dg

So need to get it done before it gets to hot

Goody

goody2shoes said:
Thanks Mackka

It's not mould , just a stain coming through

The people that had the cottage before us did not seal the roof very well

It's ok as it is a easy fix but time to do it

I am going to use a product called Zinsser B.I.N interior and spot exterior

Primer sealer stain blocker

Will do a light sand then put it on , then repaint the sealing again

Have 3 spots in loungeroom and 1 in the bathroom and another in the bathroom to do

When I put my mind to it I will Nock that off in a afternoon

The outside should only take couple of days I hope as I don't want to be painting when it is to hot out side as it nocks me about a bit

As today it is going to be 27 dg

So need to get it done before it gets to hot

Goody

Goody most pros don't use that Zinsser although some do, But in all honesty you can fix that problem just by using plain white Gloss, I have done that for years, I was in the building game for years, Because Gloss paint is Oil based it will hold back any staining, so give that ago and save your money, That Zinsser is dear as poison Ay, :Y:

Yep i know RR

I bought the Zinsser when I use to work at Bunnings so I got it for a discount..

Have had it in the shed and forgotten about having it until I went through my paint's and brushes , rollers, ect ect as I am going to start painting the exterior of my cottage

A small tin of the Zinsser cost around $50 for 1L tin

But it does a great job..

Plus like you said I could of used white gloss but I have the Zinsser all ready so may as well use it ha

Goody :)

goody2shoes said:
Yep i know RR

I bought the Zinsser when I use to work at Bunnings so I got it for a discount..

Have had it in the shed and forgotten about having it until I went through my paint's and brushes , rollers, ect ect as I am going to start painting the exterior of my cottage

A small tin of the Zinsser cost around $50 for 1L tin

But it does a great job..

Plus like you said I could of used white gloss but I have the Zinsser all ready so may as well use it ha

Goody :)

I worked for Dulux and I went on a coarse at their factory where they make paint, The place looks more like an oil refinery.

Jin said:
goody2shoes said:
Going to buy a tin of paint so I can start painting the house :D
Just spent the last two weeks painting our house. What a prick of a job. Probably have another couple of months until its finished. Prep work is the killer. Our house is two-story with lots of angles. I had to build scaffolding to reach difficult spots. The wife says just pay someone to do it but if you want something done properly you often have to do it yourself. When I fell off the roof last week she said your not going back up there. (when i got back from my xrays i got straight back on the roof)

We've got a 2 story house as well. I bought a 2nd hand trailer mounted Snorkel cherry picker before I retired, have almost finished reconditioning it with help from my diesel mechanic son. I'm not climbing ladders to paint barges etc.

davent said:
Sick of my hose kinking up, really makes it hard to water the grass, so went and spent $74 on a non kink hose (that still kinks, but not quite as bad) its really heating up now, 36 everyday.
Got new sprinkler to.
Also got 50mm of rain last night! Lol

Funny you mention of hoses kinking and the price we pay :/ was only having a discussion on Friday with a bloke about how ridiculous the advertising
/sales pitch is regarding non kink which amounts to 10 10nths of f%$@ all. I'm yet to buy a hose that doesn't kink and I'm absolutely certain it will never change.

Today you could bid to buy this ;
1600649746_bat.jpg

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/The-fam...rentrq:ad58d4e31740acc6c590eaf7fff63b3e|iid:1

I generally wear a suit to work, but have not had a new one for a while. As #2 daughter is getting married in November, I thought I'd get one last suit before I retire next year. I'll be set for any other weddings, funerals and semi formal occasions that come my way.

I've had a few from this maker in the past, and they are pretty good value. Nice cloth from Vitale Barberis Canonico and made in Italy. These suits feature an array of details such as pick stitching, hand sewn buttons, armhole sweatbands and luxurious linings.

Pure wool, notch lapel, hand stitching lining, two buttons, side vent

Pants (flat-front), hook and eye closure, lined to the knee, not hemmed

With the red windopane over navy blue it's a bit louder than most of my others, but as I'm retiring I can look a bit more edgy in the suit department.

A visit to the tailor will be necessary, but I'll end up with a nice suit for less than half the price for a similar one from an Australian retailer.

1600665760_cn40.9130_2_dolcetto_suit_98d13508-e314-43fb-b81b-f989c6adee35_1800x1800.jpg

The day I finished work I dropped into the Barber on the way home and got a number one.
Then cut up all my suits, ties etc and binned them.
I've had one wedding since and got a cheap suit which ended up in the bin at the reception place.
On the very odd occasion I wear tracky dacks, otherwise shorts for the other 364 days of the year.
Very liberating.

Vitale Barberis Canonicocertainly make the most comfortable suits I have worn , we contract our wool to them and we have had on farm audits and are in animal welfare programs like sustainawool and the wool excellence club .
They are very passionate about their product and the company is one of the oldest wool mills in the world.

Excellent purchase Dr duck :Y: proud you have supported the Australian wool industry and have source a ethically produced garment.

The suits are super light and breath very well and I highly recommend them.

Very interesting to know AF. Who knows, the suit may contain wool grown by you.

I've had a few similar in the past and they are indeed light, drape well and are very comfortable.

I also picked up a sports coat in a
Vitale Barberis Canonico fabric.