Where to go prospecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am 65 years old and have been prospecting since I was twelve I now live in the Philippines and would like to prospect on Australia :D

Welcome DaddyD. I am wondering how you be
able to get to Australia. Due to international
Travel lockdown. Hope your not in a hurry to get here
Our state borders haven't even been lifted yet
And who knows when they will be
The answer to your survey/question will
be all of the above. Depending on what type of prospecting
you intend on doing.

Welcome. You will just have to do a lot of reading up and wait till this Covid19 crisis is over and then I'm sure the restrictions of i/c flights etc from other countries will be very well vetted before entry is allowed. Thus there will be more gold for us until then,
Cheers Jaros. :)

Banjo68 said:
you intend on doing.
I will not be coming until next year so hopefully everything will be lifted I will be coming by comercal airlines

Banjo68 said:
you intend on doing.
I will be both metal detecting and panning would like to get on a old digging site and would like to do some river and creek panning

I think you should use the time you have to
do a lot of research on line and use the search
Icon at the top of the page of the forum.
Plenty of info here.
Then you can determine what part of Australia
would suit you. It's a big country and you
don't want to end up somewhere you don't want
to be. It could cost you a lot of waisted time
and money.

Banjo68 said:
Plenty of info here.
and money.
Already doing the research for both the state of Victoria and in western Australia around the Kalgoorlie area

DaddyD said:
Banjo68 said:
Plenty of info here.
and money.
Already doing the research for both the state of Victoria and in western Australia around the Kalgoorlie area

Unfortunately there's no chance of river and creek panning anywhere around Kalgoorlie (or anywhere else in Western Australia, as far as I know).

grubstake said:
DaddyD said:
Banjo68 said:
Plenty of info here.
and money.

Unfortunately there's no chance of river and creek panning anywhere around Kalgoorlie (or anywhere else in Western Australia, as far as I know).
True but there are a lot of dried river and creek beds which is just as good :D

Don't forget north queensland. Nice warm climate. Plenty of gold. Some is relatively easy to get especially if you like panning and crevicing. Can't tell you exactly where though as a plan to return to that spot myself one day ;) I am in South Australia. There have been some fantastic finds down here lately. A friend showed me a picture of some very large multi ounce gold that he is still pulling out at least until last weekend but its from a private farm property in the hills. I think most of the good SA gold is on private properties which is not so good for visiting prospectors. Good luck.

Goldfreak said:
Don't forget north queensland. Nice warm climate. Plenty of gold. Some is relatively easy to get especially if you like panning and crevicing. Can't tell you exactly where though as a plan to return to that spot myself one day ;) I am in South Australia. There have been some fantastic finds down here lately. A friend showed me a picture of some very large multi ounce gold that he is still pulling out at least until last weekend but its from a private farm property in the hills. I think most of the good SA gold is on private properties which is not so good for visiting prospectors. Good luck.
I have thought about Queensland right now I am doing the research may come for a month and go to several places :D

DaddyD said:
I am 65 years old and have been prospecting since I was twelve I now live in the Philippines and would like to prospect on Australia :D

You can get gold in all of those States, but South Australia is probably the least exciting - WA is not as good for alluvial as Victoria and NSW. Very different topography in the main to the Philippines!

DaddyD said:
OK Victoria wins next year my pans and I will go to the creeks and rivers

Hi all, got myself a new gold monster 1000, what would be the best ground to look for in Victoria.. cheers

Latest posts