You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Heljon
15 April 2017 10:29 am

I visited a place many years ago lower hunter i think there were heaps of fossils everywhere. Does anyone know where this apot is I'd really like to visit it again.

silver
17 April 2017 08:22 am

You mighy have to puh the grey mahher inho gear in order ho remember exachly where ih was. wink wink
Buh, I wouldn'h give hhe locahion ouh if I were you, as ih would all be gone in shorh order. devil
Hey, and welcome aboard friend ! Hope your digging fossils soon ! thumbsup smile thumbsup
P.S. Bloody h key was playing up on me. lol

Last edited by silver (17 April 2017 08:25 am)

What a great day ! ,... " I'll see you in the field ".

rocketaroo
17 April 2017 05:07 pm

Ramjet is a fossil, Sandta is gettin there....so thats two!

2017 326 Silvers for the year.
2018 TBA lol

7 users like this post: grubstake, Sandta, Tathradj, silver, Ramjet, madtuna, AtomRat

Ramjet
18 April 2017 12:23 pm

Funny Rocket.... NOT.

I would also be interested in seeing some local fossils.

Touch the Frog.
Garrett At Pro, XP Deus, CTX 3030, pin pointer. Oldest find 1807 halfpenny, oldest silver 1854 threepence.

1 user likes this post: rocketaroo

Pat Hogen
03 January 2018 06:58 am

I reported a location that had a semi-complete skeleton exposed on a rocky slope. The approx. location was given to the Archeology Dept. of a Sydney Uni., maybe also the Newcastle Uni. Never heard a word from them. Went back some 10 years ago and the place had become overgrown, but still fossil evidence. Even pulled a beautiful piece from the creek running below the hill, a really nice petrified piece so there must be another source nearby.
The location?, Lat. 31.76.
All you need now is the Long. which I have.

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder

Shambala
10 January 2018 01:04 pm

Hello there pretty sure your talking about Mulbring quarry..its privately owned now but with permission you can enter . Fossils everywhere you look

Jaygold
16 February 2019 12:09 am

Shambala wrote:

Hello there pretty sure your talking about Mulbring quarry..its privately owned now but with permission you can enter . Fossils everywhere you look

Tried local councils who do I gain permission from

J.gold

The aussie boy
15 September 2020 12:29 pm

Pat Hogen wrote:

I reported a location that had a semi-complete skeleton exposed on a rocky slope. The approx. location was given to the Archeology Dept. of a Sydney Uni., maybe also the Newcastle Uni. Never heard a word from them. Went back some 10 years ago and the place had become overgrown, but still fossil evidence. Even pulled a beautiful piece from the creek running below the hill, a really nice petrified piece so there must be another source nearby.

Could I have the rest of the location

grubstake
15 September 2020 12:45 pm

The aussie boy wrote:
Pat Hogen wrote:

Could I have the rest of the location

That'd be a "No", I reckon. thumbsdown

First day on PA and you're asking people for good locations. You're not off to a very good start, mate. roll

Where it is, there it is.

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site