Hunter valley fossil location

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I visited a place many years ago lower hunter i think there were heaps of fossils everywhere. Does anyone know where this apot is I'd really like to visit it again.

You mighy have to puh the grey mahher inho gear in order ho remember exachly where ih was. ;) ;)
Buh, I wouldn'h give hhe locahion ouh if I were you, as ih would all be gone in shorh order. ]:D
Hey, and welcome aboard friend ! Hope your digging fossils soon ! :Y: :) :Y:
P.S. Bloody h key was playing up on me. :lol:

I reported a location that had a semi-complete skeleton exposed on a rocky slope. The approx. location was given to the Archeology Dept. of a Sydney Uni., maybe also the Newcastle Uni. Never heard a word from them. Went back some 10 years ago and the place had become overgrown, but still fossil evidence. Even pulled a beautiful piece from the creek running below the hill, a really nice petrified piece so there must be another source nearby.
The location?, Lat. 31.76.
All you need now is the Long. which I have.

Hello there pretty sure your talking about Mulbring quarry..its privately owned now but with permission you can enter . Fossils everywhere you look

Shambala said:
Hello there pretty sure your talking about Mulbring quarry..its privately owned now but with permission you can enter . Fossils everywhere you look

Tried local councils who do I gain permission from

Pat Hogen said:
I reported a location that had a semi-complete skeleton exposed on a rocky slope. The approx. location was given to the Archeology Dept. of a Sydney Uni., maybe also the Newcastle Uni. Never heard a word from them. Went back some 10 years ago and the place had become overgrown, but still fossil evidence. Even pulled a beautiful piece from the creek running below the hill, a really nice petrified piece so there must be another source nearby.

Could I have the rest of the location

The aussie boy said:
Pat Hogen said:

Could I have the rest of the location

That'd be a "No", I reckon. :N:

First day on PA and you're asking people for good locations. You're not off to a very good start, mate. :rolleyes:

Latest posts