You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Fluens
09 March 2019 11:35 pm

Hello, this is probably a very discussed topic here, however; I am looking for a place to buy rock wash of assorted types, sapphires preferred. I am also sadly looking to get this posted to my address as a bit of an educational tool for myself and some students.

If anyone has some advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers, Rob

LoneWolf
10 March 2019 12:55 am

Welcome Fluens........Where are you located? Posting will be a killer.... money

LW...

Growing Old is Inevitable.... Growing Up is Optional.... Union Proud and Union Strong... A.M.W.U Active Member....

aussiefarmer
10 March 2019 08:04 am

Theres a few blokes doing concentrate (so dirt sieved or sluiced down but still looks like dirt) , mostly contains gold , black sand , zircons but can often have saphire chips and other gems.

Theres a magnify glass top left of your screen , just search " concentrate" or " gold cons".

Or find a creek and take the whole fun prospecting journey, every creek will surprise you when you sieve or pan its gravels , just dig down to a hard layer and collect gravel from there.

Wish in one hand and poo in the other , See which one fills up first !

1 user likes this post: LoneWolf

Fluens
10 March 2019 10:06 pm

Thanks for the info, I did not see many threads about concentrate of gold cons. I live on the central coast of NSW, so postage might be a bit much and I don't really live close to anyplace that could yield some interesting finds.
Cheers, Rob

LoneWolf
10 March 2019 11:01 pm

Hunter Valley has some interesting things...
Reason I asked as you can buy bags of Sapphire Wash from a few places at Inverell, Glen Innes and Emmaville... Not that far from you.... Or a few on here travel out there often and may bring back a bag or two for you... Cost is usually $10 per bag... Or would make a great place for a Student camp if you are real serious... I know of a few places that would be happy to have a group out there... Like the Emmaville Geological Centre(facebook)and the Emmaville Mining Museum...

LW....

Last edited by LoneWolf (10 March 2019 11:04 pm)

Growing Old is Inevitable.... Growing Up is Optional.... Union Proud and Union Strong... A.M.W.U Active Member....

1 user likes this post: goody2shoes

Lefty
11 March 2019 08:09 am

Hi Fluens

The majority of the east coast.of.Australia has the potential to yield finds of some lapidary interest - it's a great line of ancient volcanics from.Cape York peninsula right the way down. I dont know your area well but Lone Wolf has made.some..suggestions I see.

I'm sitting on the back veranda of my sister-in-laws place.in southwest Brisbane right now and the geology I can see just out the back looks interesting, a.mass of extinct volcano cores. Just need to be able to get access to places, that's the thing.

1 user likes this post: LoneWolf

ertoosp
14 September 2020 08:12 am

Welcome Fluens........Where are you located? Posting will be a killer....

Dihusky
14 September 2020 01:21 pm

Welcome Fluens, look up Armfest in Sapphire QLD, they do some good quality bags of wash and you can pretty much guarantee you'll find something, we often bring a few of their bags home and it's proven worth while. Biggest we ever found from their wash was a 55ct Bomb, but exciting all the same.

Last edited by Dihusky (14 September 2020 01:21 pm)

ertoosp
19 September 2020 10:37 pm

Good day. I was immediately interested in your post. No, not because I sell what you need. I wonder why you need this? Are you a collector or do you work with rock wash of assorted types in the laboratory? I don’t know why this might be needed. Well, essay writing service https://fastessay.net/buy-essay.html - students order written assignments there, sports clubs - we go in for sports there. Why do you need this? Thanks for the answer.

Last edited by ertoosp (19 September 2020 10:37 pm)

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site