Hotfoot RUG detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Something different, hope I haven't missed a previous thread on this, apologies if I have.
If you get bored google up Hotfoot RUG detector, there a PI detector made in the USA, approx same price points as GPX 5000 etc

interesting concept with 3 or 4 foot wide pull blankets as a coil, also normal style detectors and accessories.
The depth claims are deep, they must know something about PI that Minelab don't lol

I like the concept but claims of super deep fields for big nuggies and still sensitive for sub grammars always make me suspicious.
google it up, it makes for interesting reading :Y: :N: :D

cheers Johno

that style of coil is just another version of the big square or rectangular (often pvc pipe) coils that are commonly used for relic hunting.
With a good detector (PI or VLF) they are capable of locating very deep relics, usually because of the mass/volume of targets they are looking for. Example would be a coin hoard or maybe a sword.
You cant expect the same kind of sensitivity to sub-gram gold nuggets at depth tho'.
Put a Minelab GPX over an axe at about a metre deep & it will yell Hail Mary at ya :D

after bringing up the RUG website, hit on the 'Delta Pulse detector' link (blue button) & scroll down to the 'Long range locator LRL 2000D'
... another one of these beauties ....
The depth of work is 60 meters and the distance ahead 5 km. The locator can detect the exact location, depth and composition of metal :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8.( :N:

Hello Big Johno.

I tested one of those Rug detectors in open country on a gold-field behind a quad, about 10 years ago.

The ground mineralisation was medium, we tried it over un-buried nuggets of small and large sizes, and at different speeds.

We could not get enough adjustment on the PI, to hear anything.

What we found was, it was far too noisy over the ground, and the detector itself, was found wanting.

Don't waste your time and money.

Cheers ozziegold.