Minelab Pro-Find 35

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never had a problem with mine. Works fine, saves me lots of digging in big holes.

I occasionally have to turn mine off/on to get it from falsing but all in all I've found it quite useful and mostly reliable... but I haven't used any others for a comparison

Feral said:
Smoky bandit said:
Had mine over a year and it gets alot of use.
Can't fault it yet. :Y:

You got a good one

Had one, never again. First one lasted less than 2 months of medium use. The replacement lasted less than 3 weeks. The battery that came with it wasn't even flat. Got a different brand.

After saying that, Nenad of Phase Technical is THE BEST. Number one Shop, and man, on my very short list of Peeps to buy from.
Na mate,
You got a bad one,Twice :8 :lol:

Minelab propointers are the biggest pile of plastic dung in existence of chinese manufacturing.
I've unfortunately bought two over the years.
Waste of money.
The Garrett pinpointer is almost a decade ol ld and stillgoing strong. Only bought a profind to go with the GPX.

They should rebadge the profind to NoFind.

:poop: : :poop:

The second batch of the old 25s were great imo. If I could still get one Id hapouly take another tomorrow, but the new ones seem to be completely hit and miss, and vibration locked on is just :poop:

OldGT said:
The second batch of the old 25s were great imo. If I could still get one Id hapouly take another tomorrow, but the new ones seem to be completely hit and miss, and vibration locked on is just :poop:

mine has a hard time in clay..

1595068894_gold_nugget.jpg

I have a 35, and in mineralized ground it is a pain in the butt. As of yesterday I decided to leave it in the car and just take the scoop with me. I found three small pieces, one of which I'm pretty sure is lead, the other two are soaking in acid so I won't know for sure just yet. But yes, I've decided that it's not worth the space that it takes up on my belt. I've played with the different sensitivity levels, but on some days it seems that everything in the forest is made of gold or some other metal :lol:

Bought one of these thinking it would be a suitable replacement to Profind 25. Won't buy another. I find with the Profound 35 that it just doesn't hold ground balance at higher sensitivities. And that it is not really more sensitive than the Profind 25. As soon as you lift it away from ground the ground balance is gone. It will regain ground balance somewhat, but really slow as you very slowly place it back at mineralised soil. Definitely something wrong with the firmware. I put in a Minelab request through Minerden repair centre over a month ago by email with no response. Just deathly silence. So not really happy with this product or its support.
:argh:
So really only good for coin shooting at lower sensitivities. It works quite well on larger targets at lower sensitivities.

Can anyone else verify my conclusion that it is a ground balance issue? If you ground balance a Profind 25 to minerilised soil and move it away from the soil and back again it behaves well unlike the Profiind 35. :(

FW: Pro-Find 35 Warranty Issue
'[email protected]'
Minelab Product Warranty Issues

I had written to you with no response on 20th July 2020
I wish to send the item below as warranty issue
I had previously completed online warranty registration soon after purchase.
Please find attached proof of purchase. I shall ship to you shortly by registered post.
Try emailing or calling our local Minelab service centre below.
Miners Den Bendigo Service Centre
109 Watson Street, White Hills Vic 3551
Phone: 03 5448 4140

CAN YOU PLEASE URGENTLY REPLY BY Tuesday 11 August 2020.
With Kind Regards
John

Sent: Monday, 20 July 2020 1:54 PM
To: Minersden Service ([email protected]) <[email protected]>

Subject: Pro-Find 35

Possible warranty issue.
Regarding Pro-Find 35 SN ?????????????????????????????
I have similar widely reported issues of the pin-pointer being unstable when set to high sensitivity.

I own two Pro-Find 25 pin pointers with similar sensitivity as the Pro-Find 35 to small targets. The Pro-Find 25 pin pointers have no ground balance deterioration at highest sensitivity.

The worst issue is that it does not hold the ground balance at start up held against mineralised soil, it deteriorates very quickly in a matter of seconds from the soil from within a freshly opened hole using high sensitivity required for small target recovery. As soon as it is removed from the dig hole, the ground balance has deteriorated that it sounds off as a target against earth by the hole and certainly will not detect any targets within the freshly dug hole. I cannot see how this is a useful feature. It deteriorates quickly where it will react presumably to the earths magnetic field as pointing with detecting end upward by sounding off.

If I use lower sensitivity settings for the Pro-Find 35 it is unable to detect small targets that the Pro-Find 25 pin pointers do easily.

I question the Pro-Find 35 fit for purpose. That at the higher and highest set sensitives of the Pro-Find 25 ground balance is stable when removed from soil and placed back at the same location many seconds later is able to continue detecting small targets whilst the Pro-Find 35 cannot achieve this at high or highest sensitivity settings.

Can you please clarify that this is a fault or not. And if it is not a fault; How to properly utilise this product which seems inferior regarding sensitivity and ground balance to the model Pro-Find 25 it has replaced.

Looking forward to a reply at your earliest convenience.

With Kind Regards
John ????????????

Shall see what happens this time.

OK folks. I got in touch with Minelab S.A. and they rang me regarding my perceived issues of the Pro Find 35.

Answer; Resulting from discussion is that the characteristics I explained above is as designed for the Pro Find 35. It is important to understand the designed use is to switch off the finder when withdrawing from dug hole. This is to utilise the feature of the pointer to not interfere with detector. I questioned regarding sensitivity vs the Pro Find 25 and this pointer needs to be regarded as having different characteristics by design. It was aimed at utilisation for finding buried treasure. The design work was done in Europe more for their conditions.

They are happy to change the unit over though I am unlikely to see any difference in an exchange unit based on the discussion this morning regarding above issues.

Conclusion:
So there you have it folks. Guess I'll keep what I have.

I am grateful that Minelab S.A. took the time to follow up very promptly on my query.

Could be better for us if the design work was kept a little closer to home. That way the design is oriented to us more as GOLD DIGGERS!

Cheers FindSumStuff John

Not sure whether I quite understand that response from minelab, especially regarding switching it off so as not to interfere with the detector. That was a feature that was also included on the Profind 25 to disconnect the coil circuit when not in use to prevent interference, hardly anything to do with how it responds to an in hole target or issues with retaining ground balancing to the soil. Essentially what he is just saying that it is primarily designed for coin/jewellery/relic work vs prospecting, and isn't really up to the task of targeting small gold in mineralised ground.

What Minelab failed to offer on the 35 was a retune option as found on many other pinpointers, that is to allow you to both shrink down the target size, and/or to tune out the effects of mineralisation without having to cycle the on/off switch to re-ground balance the pinpointer for it to run stable.

The problem with the sensitivity of the 35 on mineralised ground isn't exactly an isolated case. Many others go off bench testing pinpointers for performance, where they will often exhibit excellent sensitivity and depth/range on small targets, though try the same in mineralised ground and you will find higher sensitivity near on unusable - doesn't matter whether it is a Garrett Carrot, TRX or any other VLF pinpointer. I remember when there was a lot of initial praise for how sensitive the Whites TRX was, though I found running it into the higher settings was simply offset by falsing in the volcanic soils around here. So essentially I ended up with pretty much the same performance as any other pinpointer I owned once it was dumbed down to run stable enough for use in such ground.

Maybe look into using a PI pinpointer say from Nokta/Makro, Fisher F-Pulse or from Quest - just have to watch out for possible cross talk between the detector and pinpointer. PI pinpointers used to not be quite as sensitive to smaller targets when compared to the VLF units, though from what I have seen this has been improved upon on the current crop of PI pointers.

Does anyone know the specs on the 15 and 35?

Ive still been researching which pin pointer to buy but can't seem to find a detailed spec sheet on them (operational wise)
and not sure if to just buy a cheaper one that at least does claim a frequency and density range eg 12 khz and 40mm density for 50 to 75 dollars

Okami_ES7 said:
Does anyone know the specs on the 15 and 35?

Ive still been researching which pin pointer to buy but can't seem to find a detailed spec sheet on them (operational wise)
and not sure if to just buy a cheaper one that at least does claim a frequency and density range eg 12 khz and 40mm density for 50 to 75 dollars

Not sure what you will get re the Freq and Density range... Frequency may or may not help as it all depends on your detector.

You get basically 2 types - which can be a mix of the following

A: PI or VLF

B: Water Proof or NOT

C: Rechargeable or Battery

Mostly used for Coin and Relic.. Not as useful when chasing small raw gold.

Personal experience:

Notka / Deteknix / Whites are all good and all have pros and cons....

Could never get a Garret to behave the way I wanted/liked. The Older Black ones suffer like the PF35 for faulsing. The Carrot is just way over priced and a PITA if you are in salty water...

Loved my old ML ProFind 25 for dirt work but useless on the beach / not water proof.

PF15 does not cut it for the price.

PF35 is way over priced and just about every one I have seen or look at; has splits around the end cap = Usless re waterproofing. BUT is the most sensitive to small raw gold IF you can get past any mineralization issues.

Hello everyone,
I am new here so please be patient.
Been fossicking for a few years on and off and my greatest find to date was a 1947 penny. Apart from that enough junk to open a scrap metal business. I bought a cheap Chinese pinpointer and after years of yelling abuse at it l bit the bullet and have ordered the minelab pro pointer 35. I really lashed out. Do any of you guys use this pinpointer and what are your thoughts.
Mingo
Happy hunting.

My brother uses the Pro Pointer 35 and it's way better than anything I've bought. It will find tiny nuggets where my Garrett will only pick up something as small as a couple of grams and then it has to be almost touching.

Hey Money Box and Smoky Bandit,
Thank you so much for the welcome.
Along with the minelab pro pointer 35 I just purchased a minelab vanquish 540 pro.
I am all set and ready to go. Once again Ty for responding to my post.
Mingo

Been using the 35 since they came out n love it
Mingo313 said:
Hello everyone,
I am new here so please be patient.
Been fossicking for a few years on and off and my greatest find to date was a 1947 penny. Apart from that enough junk to open a scrap metal business. I bought a cheap Chinese pinpointer and after years of yelling abuse at it l bit the bullet and have ordered the minelab pro pointer 35. I really lashed out. Do any of you guys use this pinpointer and what are your thoughts.
Mingo
Happy hunting.
Been using the 35 since they first came out n love it

Latest posts