You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

NAPFA
Association
Association
31 July 2020 12:53 pm

Minelab Survey – Economic and Social Contribution Study of Recreational Prospecting

Minelab, our major sponsor, has commissioned Action Market Research and BDO to undertake an economic and social contribution study of recreational prospecting in Australia.
Action Market Research and BDO previously ran studies that helped get the NSW government to backflip on proposed restrictions to recreational fishers.
NAPFA request all prospectors and fossickers nationwide to participate in the online survey to inform this study, and to help all Associations lobby their governments.

To read more please click on the document.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … embers.pdf

Regards, NAPFA Committee

1596160257_napfa_logo.jpg

The Diggers Oath: "We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties."

Imadogman
12 August 2020 11:57 pm

Why has this item only got 250 views and no comments??

It should be at the top of page 1 of this forum!

PA has thousands of members. How many besides me have filled out this survey?

Apathy will kill our hobby in the long run.

Moderators? Can you please do something to lift the profile of this post??

GPX5000, GPZ7000, SDC2300 and highbanker. Foundation member NAPFA, member of APLA and PMAV.
"United we have a chance; divided we fall. Support your local fossicking/prospecting association!"

RM Outback
13 August 2020 12:25 am

Imadogman wrote:

Why has this item only got 250 views and no comments??

It should be at the top of page 1 of this forum!

PA has thousands of members. How many besides me have filled out this survey?

Apathy will kill our hobby in the long run.

Moderators? Can you please do something to lift the profile of this post??

Request for it to be moved to General Chat and it'll grow wings thumbsup

1 user likes this post: Mackka

Eldorado
13 August 2020 12:33 am

Completed the survey a couple of nights ago.

Tathradj
13 August 2020 01:17 am

Posted here under NAPFA's account.
I originally locked it to stop any negativity.

It is very important to our hobby.
The more we post, The more it will gain exposure.

Many Thanks to those who have taken the time to do the survey.

A couple of HiBankers inc. accessories, , QED, 4500, SDC2300, Gt1600,
Aldi, A Prado 4x4, A'Van Cruiseliner and a heck of a lot of determination.
Most importantly, A lot of Good Honest Friends. Maybe one day Lucky.

2 users like this post: nucopia, stevewilko

nucopia
13 August 2020 01:37 am

Will complete ASAP perfect

every day is an adventure

1 user likes this post: Tathradj

mbasko
13 August 2020 09:31 am

There's a couple of threads running in General Chat:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … 22#p569422

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … p?id=34939

Still minimal interest & suspicion hmm
Strange bunch us prospectors/fossickers.

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

fwdoz
13 August 2020 10:54 am

Completed this survey about 2 weeks ago.

Got links through the General discussion here, PMAV notification & also saw it elsewhere

Dig like Indiana Jones!
Minelab GP3500, + NF Advantage Coils 18" spoked, 17 x 11 spoked, 14" solid. Minelab Gold Monster 1000, PMAV Member

nucopia
13 August 2020 03:27 pm

Survey completed .. perfect

nucopia
14 August 2020 01:41 am

Has any one seen this in the local news in Vic ?
https://www.facebook.com/maryboroughnew … 6436333447

1 user likes this post: Deepseeker

Deepseeker
15 August 2020 05:48 pm

Interesting read there thanks nucopia. Some of these places I don't think should be mined, but then that doesn't necessarily mean that we shouldn't allow recreational metal detecting in them. There are hard-nosed activist types that of course conflate the two and are against everything.

As for the survey, not being negative mods, I just don't like giving my personal information and accepting the privacy policy that shares that information with a company by the name of SeaLink Travel Group Limited, who among other things state in their privacy policy We do no sell, rent or trade your personal information without your consent. We may however provide some limited information you have made available to us, such as your name and email address, to an outside contractor like a mailhouse to carry out specialized activities on our behalf, e.g. a customer communication or promotion of our services.

I sold debt collection and Terms of Trade services for a Melbourne law firm long enough to smell a rat regarding the real motivation of this survey, and I can tell you now that it's not for altruistic purposes, no matter how much they agitate to get everybody who is into prospecting on the bandwagon

I suggest anybody taking part in the survey actually read the Privacy Policy before giving up your contact details. Oh, and expect in the future to receive spam from the following companies that are all owned by Seagate, and you have given permission to use your phone number or email address.

1597474019_sealink.jpg

Last edited by Deepseeker (15 August 2020 05:49 pm)

Try hard not to offend. Try even harder not to be offended.

Redfin
15 August 2020 06:14 pm

I'm with you DS, I read the T&C a while ago and deleted the email.

Det used - Whites 6000D, ML SD2000, ML SD 2001, ML SD 2200D, Garrett Infinium. Minelab SDC 2300. Minelab GPZ 7000.
Current Det - Garrett ASD Groundhog. . Minelab GPX 5000. Minelab GPX 4500.

mbasko
15 August 2020 07:07 pm

Deepseeker wrote:

As for the survey, not being negative mods, I just don't like giving my personal information and accepting the privacy policy that shares that information with a company by the name of SeaLink Travel Group Limited, who among other things state in their privacy policy We do no sell, rent or trade your personal information without your consent. We may however provide some limited information you have made available to us, such as your name and email address, to an outside contractor like a mailhouse to carry out specialized activities on our behalf, e.g. a customer communication or promotion of our services.

I sold debt collection and Terms of Trade services for a Melbourne law firm long enough to smell a rat regarding the real motivation of this survey, and I can tell you now that it's not for altruistic purposes, no matter how much they agitate to get everybody who is into prospecting on the bandwagon

I suggest anybody taking part in the survey actually read the Privacy Policy before giving up your contact details. Oh, and expect in the future to receive spam from the following companies that are all owned by Seagate, and you have given permission to use your phone number or email address.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … ealink.jpg

Unfortunately it looks like the link on the email sent out to "their Privacy Policy" is going to the incorrect website.

It should be going here: http://www.actionresearch.com.au/privacy

I can find no business partnership/ownership with Sealink Travel Group & assume that Action Market Research may have conducted some research/survey for Sealink & have inadvertently put the incorrect link on the Minelab email.
I have contacted them to confirm.

The actual Action Market Research Privacy Policy looks pretty solid to me but I'm not a Privacy Lawyer.

Action Market Research  wrote:

Who will Action Market Research disclose your personal information to?

Action Market Research will not disclose any personally identifiable research information we collect from you unless we have your express prior consent and will only report the information you provide in an aggregate form that will not personally identify you. We will not disclose any personal information or personally identifiable research information to a third party for a purpose other than conducting our research unless we have your express prior consent or are required to do so by an Australian law or court/tribunal order.

In the course of conducting our research we may rely on third party service providers to host or store the data we collect who are located overseas. Action Market Research currently does not rely on third party service providers to host or store the data we collect. In most cases, this survey data and research information will not be personally identifiable. We will also take reasonable steps to ensure any service providers (and their employees and contractors) comply with the Privacy Act and this Privacy Policy and/or are subject to similar privacy laws and you have the ability to enforce those rights.

Edit: Also as far as Privacy goes with the survey, when I did it any questions with personal information had the option "Prefer not to answer".
At the end you have the option to provide your details & enter the competition/giveaway or to NOT provide your details without entering the competition/giveaway.
You didn't have to give them anything you don't want to.
I didn't find it too invasive or personal but others might?

Last edited by mbasko (15 August 2020 07:48 pm)

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

Tathradj
16 August 2020 12:08 am

Thanks Mbasko.
I reiterate that your details are kept in the strictest confidential
means available.
The details are not used for market research or sales.
Full Stop.

Deepseeker
16 August 2020 12:57 am

It may well be an error Tathradj, and hopefully Mbasko's email to them will clarify that. As it stands at the moment though, anybody whose entry point is via the NAPFA link in the first post above, can only apply by first clicking the "Enter Minelab Survey" button that is with their Terms and Conditions. Terms and Conditions that include an "In Conjunction" privacy policy (whose website hosts it is irrelevant) separate from the one that is actually in the survey that may or may not get sent to you later. Should they decide for whatever reason whether they actually want to invite you to complete the survey or not, you have already consented to a third party's use of your submitted details. Your Postcode already tells them a lot, re- Social demographic, home ownership %, average income, population by age, employment, Education levels attained, family households, etc., etc. Your suburb may well fit the demographic for selling whatever it is they want to sell you.

You have already consented to an in conjunction set of rules for the use of your phone number, email address and postcode regardless of what information you provide them with later, under a different set of Privacy terms. It may well be in error, but it's sloppy, can potentially expose you to spam and marketing phonecalls, and as it has been pointed out by Redfins response above, may well explain the underwhelming response they have received.

Last edited by Deepseeker (16 August 2020 01:06 am)

Try hard not to offend. Try even harder not to be offended.

Tathradj
16 August 2020 01:13 am

If you are in doubt about any aspect of the Survey,
Then please direct your enquiries to the relevent parties.

If you wish, You can PM me a reply from the Company's or what ever.
I will post it without any private information.

I have locked the thread to prevent any negativity that I was hoping
not to emarge.

That is why it was originally locked.

Doug

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site