Gold Around Port Macquarie Area?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all new to the site Im from port Macquarie and starting up metal detecting. Just wondering if any one knows any spots around my area please would much appreciate it. And I can give u some information on a few spots. Or if there is any one els from Port Macquarie area wanting to get out and prospect. Im always up for meeting new ppl and new friends. I also have a gold sluice. Cheers Chris

Hi Chris ,I am in Port and have been thinking about getting a detector ,any advice on an entery level easy to use machine ?for a senior I am not to good with technology, I have been battling just to reply ,cheers Ken

Was gold ever found in the dividing range just inland of port mac? I've found a few of the steep gullies at around 900 asl containing shallow workings in what looks like slate rock. There's no mine data for these diggings unfortunately and all historical goldfields are located further inland of the divide.

Have you heard of Miners Beach? Apparently gold was found there but it would be a no go area now. If you check the rocks out on Lighthouse Beach you will see they have quartz veins running through them, I believe a few specs of gold were once found in them. The car park near the end of the South Wall has a large green stone outcrop which is a good gold indicator, you can even see where someone has scraped between the rocks and taken samples away. Gold was mined on the ranges west of Wauchope but I don't believe any significant finds were made, a friend that gets paid to find gold areas for large mining companies said there should be plenty there.

Hi all thanks for the replies will check them spots out. And if any one in the area is keen to get out and look for some gold Im always keen.to get out and about. Hit me up cheers all

Gold nugget88 said:
Hi all new to the site Im from port Macquarie and starting up metal detecting. Just wondering if any one knows any spots around my area please would much appreciate it. And I can give u some information on a few spots. Or if there is any one els from Port Macquarie area wanting to get out and prospect. Im always up for meeting new ppl and new friends. I also have a gold sluice. Cheers Chris

Hey mate, not sure if you're still following. I'm new and looking to prospect.

Latest posts