1993 Bushman camper trailer refit

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its been just on 2 years since the last post on here.
I have done very little work on the camper trailer since the last post.

Installed 3x2 USB sockets and a cig socket inside the camper and tidied up most of the wiring in the tool box area and water proofed the canvas.
Still need to replace the canvas travel cover with PVC , but for the moment we can get by with a PVC tarp underneath the old cover to keep out water when travelling or when its parked in the driveway..

A while back before covid hit, I bought a Projecta 25 amp 3 stage DC/solar charger, so I could install a duel batteries in the Toyota prado and a few weeks back I bought 2 x 90 Ah deep cycle batteries.
The plan is to take out the 100 Ah battery in the trailer and put it into the Prado and use the 2 x 90 Ah batteries in the camper trailer.
I would like the option to wire in an Anderson plug from the Prado to the trailer to charge all the batteries whilst driving and still be able to charge either bank of batteries separately using solar panels when camped.
Still haven't decided to put the charger and the auxiliary battery in the engine bay or mount it behind the back seat with a battery box Anderson plugs and cables running back to connect to the alternator and cable and Anderson plug to the trailer.
If that's even possible..???

I also plan to lay conduit for the LED light cables from the electric panel into the the camper, replace and rewire the water pump (high to low PSI )and buy a replacement fridge freezer.
September we are planning to camp at Clermont for a couple of weeks and a month camped off grid on a friends sapphire lease out of Rubyvale.
Should also probably look at getting some rubber flares attached before we leave as well ;)

Sounds good, looks nice too, hope fully Condor will have the answer re the charger, He's good at this type of thing :Y:

Weldone, Top Job :trophy:

Latest posts