Gold monster 1000 Bendigo

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I just purchased a gold monster 1000 has anyone had any luck using this machine in Bendigo Whipstick areas and can they give me some tips on the machine please any help would be greatly appreciated

Use the search icon top left there's plenty of information already discussed with some users doing very well. If you're new to it accept you have a luring curve ahead of you, they are noisy and will take time before you master it.

Hi GHB2020, the Gold Monster is a great little detector as long as you stick to using it in the right areas, I've found pickers and specimens with it in Bendigo and the biggest advantage you have is you can use it around the outskirts of town right under the High Voltage Power Lines where the PI operators can't detect.
Get a map of the old workings and look for pockets of crown land around the industrial estates with old workings, there'll be plenty of rubbish and junk targets but if you keep at it you snag a few bits of gold as well.

Don't be put off by people knocking the Gold Monster, it's a killer machine in the right hands on the right type of ground.
Run it in Manual 10 with headphones and try sticking to the pipeclay mullock heaps, otherwise if it's getting too chirpy knock it back to 9 or 8 but get used to the noises as it will find the gold if it's there and don't rely on the screen for target ID, gold will sound similar to shotgun pellets but you must dig every nice sounding target.

Hope this helps :Y:

Latest posts