Minelab GPX6000 release, general information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re ( but it's that extra kilo in weight over my 4500 that keeps holding me back,)

Its my back that holds me back using my Z, after a few days detecting its the Voltaren Emulgel on my back muscles to keep me going.

Use a layback piece of equipment to strengthen my back muscles prior to a trip.

Man, that just made my buying decision harder.
Was going to buy an sdc in september, but if this thing can pull double duty as a beach pi.....

If you think about it the last gpx came out before the modern flat wound coils, so its timings were based off using the older bundle wound coils.
This might be a gpx with timing tweaks to make better use of flat wound coils with the possibility of using a new range of minelab flat wound coils.
If minelab were to make a few tweaks and simply add flat wound coils as standard this would give them the ability to claim something like "20% greater depth!"
(Compared to the 5000 with older commander coils)

hmmm....what could they offer more then what the 5000 has? I mean really...unless it has a great disc mode at depth would be the game changer.

Seems like a money-grab to me. There's not enough difference between the 5000 and 7000 for another machine. We can well imagine the hefty price tag the 6000 will have.
It just doesn't make sense.
I will, however, wait and see just like everyone else.

The 6000 could be interesting, maybe it will be one of the new generation detectors that offer more for less dollars. GPZ7000 came on the market with to high a price, even though I bought one and happy with the performance, many of my friends who would have bought one at a lesser price stayed with their 4500 or 5000. We still all find gold. Cheers

There's been one report on it quoting AUD $8000?

Reading between the lines I think the main differences will be:
- change in detector build to something more in line with CTX/GPZ
- wireless, GPS, software updates
- possibly a new timing or two, improved auto tracking + new settings configuration to simplify as per GPZ type menu

Hopefully all the current coils will still be usable too.

I doubt that they'll put MPF (like the SDC uses) into it but would like to see it.

I think from a market and product positioning strategy perspective the 5000 will drop in price and become the new 4500, the 6000 will be the new 5000, and Z will stay where it is. This may take a while to fall out as they will grab as much money as they can from early adopters who will pay more for the 6000.
Id like to see the 6000 to have ZVT technology and battery moved to a harness. I find the Z too heavy for my old back.
Time will reveal all. Will be interesting.

Maybe they have 4 new products on the way.

1596696203_mine.jpg

https://search.ipaustralia.gov.au/t...d4a107-322d-4fa2-9e03-223b98092691&sortBy=-ID

davent said:
What does awaiting examination mean?
It means it's awaiting the IP Examiners check of the application to make sure it contains all the correct information & meets legislative requirements.
Once they give it the ok it's advertised for 2 months so people can oppose registration if they feel it infringes on their product/s etc.

rockdev said:

They have 5 products in development for release FY21.
I guess those trademarks could be for 4 of them?

GPX6000 - pretty self explanatory
Guesses:
MF5 - Multi Frequency 5? CTX upgrade?
Geosense PI - Ground Penetrating Radar + PI?
Silversaver Series - low single frequencies (<4khz) & lower multi frequency series aimed specifically at silver/hord hunters?

You might be onto something there, I was also thinking the Silversaver Series sounded like a deep hoard hunter as well... Interesting times ahead. :Y: