Deteknix / Quest Wirefree - wireless headphones and tx/rx set ups

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has brought the Quest wireless headphones? And if so what are their thoughts and are there any issues with them or are very reliable?.

Cheers

I have the Quest wireless light headphones and wouldn`t detect without them .

No cumbersome coil lead connected to the detector that can get in the way and with the battery on the side of my detector, i am completely wire free.

Makes it easier to swing the pick or dig holes and lay your detector on the ground without getting caught up in wires.

You barely know they are on your head and they have a very clear sound .

Sounds like an advert !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A thumbs up from me :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y:

Excellent, mine have recently turned up and seem to work fine on the sdc, I also gave them a run plugged into the telly and they work ok although I have noticed that one side seems louder than the other, not sure if thats normal

I find the audio seems quiet in the lite version, maybe should have stuck to the pro.

Anyone else experienced this?

I use the SP01 with the Quest wireless lites and haven`t had any problems with volume except when the power was very low in the transmitter . Has your transmitter got full power ?

Tbh i just tested them for about 15 mins. I will charge and see if it makes a difference. Never noticed with my pros but then I always kept them charged so worth investigating.

I just remembered that when i first used the SP01 , i only charged it for about 1/2 an hour and thinking it was fully charged , i connected it all up and the volume was low on the headphones. I then put it on charge for 4 hours and it came to life. So now when i go out , i make sure the SP01 , the detector , the transmitter and the headphones are well and truly fully charged.

limpalot said:
I have the Quest wireless headphones and the Spo1, Brilliant; I have the battery on the side of the 4500 and no leads to tangle in. :Y:
Hi Im just wondering if it more comfortable with the battery strapped to the side of the machine Im thinking of making something up to do the same the idea of being cable free is great just wondering if u notice the extra weight thought Id check your thoughts on it Cheers and sorry for getting off topic

You notice the extra weight , alright. Definately heavier . I use a bungee cord that takes some of the weight out of it and use a quick disconnect clip / hook to free myself from the detector when digging .

Cheers for the help JS, did a charge and went out of town to plug in the Quests, difference was night and day, just as loud as I remember the pros being. :clap: :Y:

Mickybees said:
limpalot said:
I have the Quest wireless headphones and the Spo1, Brilliant; I have the battery on the side of the 4500 and no leads to tangle in. :Y:
Hi Im just wondering if it more comfortable with the battery strapped to the side of the machine Im thinking of making something up to do the same the idea of being cable free is great just wondering if u notice the extra weight thought Id check your thoughts on it Cheers and sorry for getting off topic

I use the Pro 45 harness, and a bungee cord, I have put some Carbon Fibre plate up the back of the harness to help reduce the shoulder pressure. Works a lot better than the standard harness.

OldGT said:
Cheers for the help JS, did a charge and went out of town to plug in the Quests, difference was night and day, just as loud as I remember the pros being. :clap: :Y:

Not a problem. Old GT . Glad it worked. :Y:

limpalot said:
Mickybees said:
limpalot said:

I use the Pro 45 harness, and a bungee cord, I have put some Carbon Fibre plate up the back of the harness to help reduce the shoulder pressure. Works a lot better than the standard harness.

I never used the standard Minelab harness until a few months` ago , thinking it was easier to use the heavy duty outdoor jacket with all the pockets and D ring to swing the bungee cord from , but then i decided it was all too cumbersome and realise now the harness is a good thing. Haven`t had much chance to use it , but the Pro 45 looks like something i might look into if the standard one starts to give me grief.

Mickybees said:
limpalot said:

Hi Mickybees
Some detector covers have a battery pouch on them I know mine do and if you use a bungee cord with them there fine weight wise.

Latest posts