What do the new restrictions mean to prospecting in Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We should be ok js, I checked the PMAV site and nothing has changed there, still ok.
This particular Ranger though had just moved a camper at wanyarra and was advising another not far from Dunolly.

Dignit said:
Regional Stage 3 means NO detecting. Simple.
You may only leave home for one of the 4 reasons you are permitted to leave home.
Yes you can. It's exercise.

That is correct.
Check out Govt website stage 3 and prospecting regional areas is permitted as long as you stick to the guidelines.

All others who live in Melbourne stage 4 are not permitted.
That is why I included the link to the govt website.

Stage 3 months ago excluded prospecting but things have changed. Now we have a stage 3 in Rural and stage 4 Melb.

Cheers

HH

Yes, it makes sense. Unless you plan on licking every tree leaf, weeing on every rock, and rubbing your willy on every tree, if you live in a stage 3 rural area and prospect in one, it won't make one jot of difference to the caseload if you detect on your own, wear/carry a mask & keep 1.5mtrs distance from yourself and others, & don't share equipment.

Thankyou HH, I'm actually a little surprised by that...surprised but stoked. :cool: :Y:
If I head out I'll be following the guidelines and carrying my phone with that webpage ready to go...just in case someone is concerned.

1596697866_annotation_2020-08-06_155034.jpg

Remember last lock down ? don't poke the bear!
Some people carried on like pork chops ,so they [government ] made it a blanket ban.
It'll happen again if some spoil sports carry on, so please just zip it everyone :perfect:

greyhound said:
Remember last lock down ? don't poke the bear!
Some people carried on like pork chops ,so they [government ] made it a blanket ban.
It'll happen again if some spoil sports carry on, so please just zip it everyone :perfect:

Prior to stage 3 every bloke and his detector was out, last weekend was mental, as has been the case for weeks. Maybe today was because of the weather, but today there was noone else out, didnt see a soul, so on the face of it everyone appears to have stayed at their home, or gone out locally. Credit to all.

Latest posts