Dowsing/divining for gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
phantomnosepicker said:
i ve done it for water n power but not gold..yet....ran over the ground with the rods first then the electronics then shovel...spot on everytime
:cool: :cool:

Congratulations on your lucky guesses. I'm sure your gullible friends were impressed.

SteveG said:
phantomnosepicker said:
i ve done it for water n power but not gold..yet....ran over the ground with the rods first then the electronics then shovel...spot on everytime
:cool: :cool:

Congratulations on your lucky guesses. I'm sure your gullible friends were impressed.
Hi all you non believers, A few years ago i met a bloke at tarnagulla vic who was working with a tractor and post hole digger two wires and a forkey stick to work the depth he had a nice lot of gold, My old mate is good at dowsing he rang one day sed he was coming up so i hid 3 nuggets 1/ 7.6 oun 1 /1.4 oun 1/ 6 gram. He found the big one then the next big one then the little one, in less than 5 minuts, Believe it or not, i know it works,

Jaros said:
Do you sensible members really want to read this garbage. :(

Jaros I take offence to your post, people have a right to believe in what they wish to believe. As stated, for me well I like to keep an open mind on this subject. But I do like reading what other people views are on this subject. Jemba

Jaros said:
Do you sensible members really want to read this garbage. :(
It's good for a laugh. :Y:
Jaros its a bit different to Chinese detector fakes that really do exist & can relieve people of their money for false goods.
Dowsing/divining is more of a personal belief although there are scams that do prey on those beliefs like LRL's, eBay sellers selling "authentic" dowsing rods etc.
There's no doubt people believe in divining/dowsing like some believe in tarot cards, tea leave reading & clairvoyance. I don't doubt that they believe it but none have been able to show or convince me that it works. A mate of mine done a lot of money drilling boreholes marked by a water diviner - none had water. That water diviner claimed he had an 80% success rate & scored 0% there.
There's usually a good scientific reasoning as to why these phenomena appear to work but believers don't accept it i.e ideometer effect, power of suggestion, reading body language etc.

As long as nobody starts advertising a "divine" service or offering to sell "authentic" dowsing rods tuned for gold or gems etc. & it remains civil it shouldn't be a problem?

Latest posts