Today I COOKED.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In lockdown. Can't prospect. At least we can still cook and eat.
Put on a few extra kilos while we are at it.

This chook tonight was about 2.2 kg. Rather large. I like them about the 1.8kg mark so then there is less to eat.

Anyway happy dinner everyone.

1595149509_resized_20200719_185330.jpg

1595149509_resized_20200719_182515.jpg

Just finished up my beef broth soup.
Simmered the bones for about 18 hours. Strained off this morning, added carrots,potato and celery as well as whatever meat bits there were.

It is soup season and I like my soup. The health nuts swear by this but I just eat it because I like it. I remember my mum making different variations of this growing up and it has stayed with me.

1595723731_20200726_101235.jpg

silver said:
Lookin like you had two slices there Hard Luck.
:p
I only had a small slice silver. I'm still full from my lunch I had at about 1 this arvo.

Decided to try the new Megajack burger from Hungry Jacks. It's a knockoff of the Big Mac. Not very good.
But the burger alone without the chips and drink has 4722 kj.

Never again.

A friend gave me some Tasmanian truffle, so I made a classic pasta alla Gricia with truffle. Very simple, guanciale (cured pig cheek - more fat than meat but just delicious) and pasta with a sauce of the pasta water, fat from the guanciale and pecarino cheese. Kind of the ancestor of macaroni cheese, except with a generous amount of truffle to finish. Very simple but depends on the quality of the ingredients to make an outstanding dish.

Just delicious, and I'm looking forward to scrambled eggs for breakfast.

1596627707_fb_img_1596627358266.jpg

Latest posts