Stupid Things You Have Done

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Truth time :lol: What's the stupidest thing you've done in lapidary ?

I'll start with tonight, I was doping up a few stones ready for tomorrow, I'd matched up dop sticks sizes to the stone, heated the stones, melted the wax, had a big board ready to sit the stones on, bowl of water for dipping my fingers in, ready,set ,go.

1st stone done
2nd stone done
3rd stone done
4th stone , stone on the board, wax on the stick, dop on the stone, and that's when I did it, stuck my fingers in the hot wax instead of the water. 8.( 8.( 8.( Fastest I've moved for years getting to the cold tap.

Don't think I'll do that again :8

Wow thats gotta hurt Xcvator , got any pics of the things you are doing mate ?.

aussiefarmer said:
I love the bit when these things happen and you swear at yourself in the 3rd ? Person. Ahhhh you stupid :::::ng idoit ahhh how :::::::ng dumb are ya .......

Like when you cut or weld something and pick it up on the hot patch.

That is me :100: %

Not lapidary related but funny...

I was Un-ravelling a extension lead, one end was plugged into a grinder stuck under my arm.. Got to the power board and pugged lead in and turned it ON... :awful: :8

Quickest I have ever moved... Grinder ripped open my Hi-Vis puffy jacket and just tore it to shreds... :8

Chunks of White Fluff went everywhere... All I saw was white.. :

Just as the Site Safety Officer walked around the corner to see the last of the White Fluff settle...

And Me standing there with this stupid look on my face.. Looking like I have just been raped by Rottweilers .. :lol:

No injuries, but if it happened in Summer may have been a different outcome.... :awful:

Best Lapidary one was 'converting' a tile saw into a Wet saw... Worked well for the first 5min till water got into somewhere it shouldn't have...

Ka-boom and everything went a really nice Blue.... Completely blew the motor apart. and gave me a hell of a fright..... {) :lol:

LW...

Latest posts