Mrs. Patrick1 Funeral Info

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The details for the Viewing and Funeral for Bridget are as follows.

Viewing for
Thursday 30 July
6-7:30 PM at
Phelans Funeral Home
Maryborough, Vic.

Viewing for
Friday 31 July
10-11 am and
Funeral 12 pm, both at
Jubilee Chapel
63 Inkerman Street(behind the Shell Servo).
50 person limit
Social distancing rules apply.
Masks are not mandatory.
Will update if there are any changes.
*I know most of You can't attend. Bridget thought of this and said to say "don't sweat it, just remember me around the Campfire."

PS to the above.
Us Vic PAers should have a massive camp at Amherst (once these lock-downs have eased), with some moonshine around a big camp fire to see Bridgey off.
She loved joining us at Amherst camps around the fire, and was very popular with a her ever smiley/happy face.
Suggest the usual spot - No Gold Here Tk (Amherst).

Mackka said:
Patrick , i am sorry to ask at this time but could the funeral directors do a Zoom Service so we may all attend on-line?
Kindest regards
Mackka
Sorry folks, I asked and they don't do that. I'm not smart enough or capable to pull it off.

BigWave said:
PS to the above.
Us Vic PAers should have a massive camp at Amherst (once these lock-downs have eased), with some moonshine around a big camp fire to see Bridgey off.
She loved joining us at Amherst camps around the fire, and was very popular with a her ever smiley/happy face.
Suggest the usual spot - No Gold Here Tk (Amherst).
Thats a great idea BW... I would be there in a flash.
And the wreath is a great tribute... well done :clap:

Hey 7.62.
I'll be joining you at 12 noon for a minute's silence.
This is Bridgey's native wreath from all of us PAers:
1596076279_flowers.jpg

I know it is a small consolation but here is My Eulogy that was spoken today. I'm so very sorry to the people that loved her and couldn't be present to say their goodbyes in person.
I am in no way a wordsmith but I hope it helps you to reflect in your fond memories of Bridget.
As I sit here, trying to write this post, I find that my words are inadequate and lack the substance to help you heal from the loss. I am truly sorry for your pain.
Remember....Bridget Loves You and so do I.

Thank you, friends and Family, for being here today to Celebrate Bridgey's Life and Memories.
There may be cursing involved, where she was involved, there unusually was. And laughter...always smiles and laughter around that Woman.
Some of you here today knew Bridget, some of you had never met her but are here anyway, to give support and pay you're respects. For that, she loves each and every one of you. And I love you.
Bridget struggled for 23 years with nonstop health issues that rarely gave her a days peace. Yet, she always had a Smile. She was the Stongest Human I have ever met. She possessed and indomitable Will and a sense of Acceptance that has always baffled me. I stand in Awe of her.She never complained about the "Why Me". She never railed at God or the Universe at the unfairness of her situation. She just knew, and accepted, that LIFE WAS NOT FAIR.She lived her Life the best she could with what she had. There are quite a number of people that can attest to the fact that Bridget lived a BIG Life even if it was in small ways.
Bridget had Style and, she had Color in her life.
Her Style ranged anywhere from a hand-made dress from a sheet, which she ROCKED!, to a Unicorn shirt that said " I will CUT you!" And we will always remember her fabulous footwear. From Ugg Boots to Doc Martin's. She wore it all with Grace. And let's never forget her HAIR! Always a new color and style. I got a new Wife every few weeks.
Bridgey's humor and laughter was almost non-stop...even in the worst of times. The day before her passing, she was laying in the bed nd belted out a few lines of "Wooooah Black Betty Bam-A-Lam". I damn near pissed myself. In ANY story with Bridget, someone usually pisses themselves.
And that is why we are here. To celebrate a Life well Lived. She picked herself up every time Life knocked her down. She jump up and scream..."Is that the best you got, Bitch?!"
Bridget said that we are all to Celbrate her Life, the end of her Pain and the joy of her reunion with her Mother Kate.
Bridgey's friends and Family know how much they meant to her. She made sure of that. You will all carry that, and her, with you every single day of your life.
Her enduring strength and laughter is what I will carry with me along with my love of a truly remarkable human being.
Bridget, I will Love you until the day I die. And when we meet again, I'll get Love you for all of Eternity.

Latest posts