Coffee machines

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakergt

Moderating Team
Reaction score
who is running a coffee machine in there camper or canopy? I just tried my nespresso machine this morning on my 2000w pure sign wave inverter and it was a no go. What are people using?

I just boil the water and use a French press, I got these two, The silver one makes up about 1.1L I think and you can boil the water in it and the big Green one makes up about 1.3/1.4L and is like a Vacuum Flask which is a press and it keeps the coffee hot for a few hours. Both are guaranteed of life, :Y:

1596187492_stanley_press_2.jpg

1596187552_stanley_coffee_press.jpg

shakergt said:
who is running a coffee machine in there camper or canopy? I just tried my nespresso machine this morning on my 2000w pure sign wave inverter and it was a no go. What are people using?

I know that you asked a simple question regarding what people are using, but I started thinking is it the coffee machine or the genny that is causing your problem. To answer your question, my old Breville is 1200 to 1300 watts and will run from my Honda 2000, BUT I gave up carting a coffee machine with me more than 10 years ago, just wasn't worth the hassle for the benefits.

Regarding my other thoughts, the specs on the Nespresso should say what its power consumption is and then look at the generator's continuous operating specs. Of course, different people will also have different generators so then I stumbled again, as I am afraid that different coffee machines are going to have different power requirements. It appears that there are several Nespresso's that are in the 1200 to 1300 watts range so they should be alright on your "2000" watt genny, but remember that as a model "2000" generator is typically its peak output it will usually has a continuous operating capability of 1600 to 1700 watts.

Maybe I did answer your question, but not mine, such is life.

Rob P.

grubstake said:
OP is asking about use of the Nespresso with an inverter, not a genset.

Sorry, misread the post, but a good 2000W sign wave inverter should run a 1200/1300 coffee machine. Most home use ones appear to be in that power range. Again, need to examine the specs of the Nespresso and the inverter, but as I said I gave up on carting a coffee machine around many years ago as too much of a pain in the butt.

Rob P.

Pour Over cone filter method works for us. Top quality drink. Simple if you can boil water. Very economical rig too.

Aero press or pour over, both with a stainless steel mesh filter. No paper waste - only grounds. Both are cheap as and make damn fine coffee.

That said, Ive changed to tea and sold all my coffee gear. My body and mind much prefer tea.

steve f said:
i put the battery charger on the roof.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/13336/1596344291_img_0124.jpg

Whats up, Didn't they have any big solar panels, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Geeze that's a monster of a thing, LOL :Y:

You can't beat the double wall plunger, keeps the coffee hot for longer for that extra cuppa :coffee: