Home Made Slant Cabber

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the same one - works well/fast for trimming, but I keep clear of the desired cut line at corners of stone to avoid chip disappointments. A grinding wheel is best used for getting you to the finish line.

They are good little saws Dihusky, that is the same one i had before i upgraded to a heavy duty 10" saw
If the stone xcvator has,has been slabbed for him they would last a long time

They both supply plated blades, but the Flat Lap has a table alteration to suit lapdarists. Same price, one has an alteration to help cutting, shipping will be the difference, perhaps?
Flat Lap for mine.

sand surfer said:
They are good little saws Dihusky, that is the same one i had before i upgraded to a heavy duty 10" saw
If the stone xcvator has,has been slabbed for him they would last a long time

Yes, this has served us well but would like to upgrade to a VJ gem saw for gem work and get a bigger saw for slab work.

Was checking out houses yesterday with my daughter as she is wanting to buy somewhere, went to check out the 3 bay shed at one place and there was a dusty little 12" slab saw sitting in the corner on the floor, looking un-loved, stone vice and as well. Asked the agent to tell the vendor I'd be interested in it, waiting to hear...

Just an update, both saws are the same, both supplied by "Aussie Saphire", just different blades, so I've asked the price for the sintered blade upgrade from Aussie, no more spiced rum for a few weeks :p

Be aware "xc" that the two saws are NOT the same. The Aussie Sapphire one is Standard, the Flat Lap one has an improved table for safety when cutting. You could, of course, fix the problem with the Aussie Sapphire original by using a piece of sheet metal to narrow down the margin around the blade which will eliminate pieces falling into the gap and ceasing, warping, the blade. Always wear eye protection when pushing your piece through the blade. My brother had safety glasses on when cutting, one day, and the photo we took of him had one eye cover of the glasses with a stone fracture right in the centre of the left eyepiece.

Thanks Pat, saw has been ordered with an upgraded sintered diamond disc, now the wait begins, hope the $750-00 from the gov gets here before the c/c bill does :p
I always were eye protection and I'll have a look at the size of the slot when it gets here, I was also thing about a front and back splash screen as well as the 1 over the blade

Lucky buggar Dihuski a slab saw with a vice ,it would be a nice find if they want to sell ,is the vice a wooden one or a chain

When i get my :poop: together and find time, i would like to build a 14'' slab saw one day, but i think i will run a chain vice with it
hope they come through for you, top find :Y:

This is my elcheapo dopping station, wax $10-00, butane cooker had for years, heat diffuser had for years, 2 fondue pots from the reject shop $5-00 ( 1 pot for wax, 1 pot to warm the stones in )

1595321169_img_20200721_162724.jpg

I'm happy, works for me :perfect:

And my new 7" saw has arrived and been tried, nice and quiet, cuts smooth with no chipping and is pretty quick. Just got to be able to get hot water into it :D or heated gloves, bloody Melbourne winter :mad:

Well a complete disaster today 8.( 8.( 8.(

The poor little sewing machine motor got a bit hot and died :( no smoke,no noise, just no go, checked the leads etc, nothing. 8.(

Well back to ebay for another 1 untill I can find another motor just a bit stronger, that then creates another problem as a different motor won't fit what I have made, so I'll have to start over, bugga.

Just another modification to the slant cabber, a much neater and easier to fit spray suppression shroud. 3d printed flexible rubber in "safety yellow" Just slips on and off very easily and it's soft enough to be able to trim back with a knife if it's too wide and encroaches over the work area too much

1596082744_img_20200730_134732.jpg

1596082762_img_20200730_134917.jpg

1596082776_img_20200730_134924.jpg

Latest posts