You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

DiggerDave68
25 July 2020 08:53 pm

mbasko wrote:
DiggerDave68 wrote:
XLOOX wrote:

Umm DiggerDave68,

Mbasko is one of the most helpful and well respected folk on this forum.

Look at the time he has taken and level of detail he has provided to try & help you.

If you wish to take offense at some aspect of his wording then thats your perogative but you are probably standing out there on your own with that view.

None of the members HAVE to contribute to a question & if you read some of mbaskos contributions to others he has sometimes been the only one to reply in a manner to directly help a poster.

Sorry if he was unable to help you.

Pretty sure it was Mbasko who took offence to me using the words "cranked up" with regards to ground Balance. And I don't believe I said anything offensive, besides which Mbasko has not said anthing to indicate as such, and if that's the case is more than capable of speaking for himself. I am sorry if YOU found offence and would encourage you to speak to the person you claim to be defending before accusing others. But as you have, and I'm in lockdown (with nothing better to do) please enlighten me as to what I said that you feel has so offended Mbasko and I will address the issue, as you seem to feel it's fine to offend me with your baseless accusations.

Just pointing out you don't crank the ground balance setting up is all! You didn't offend me.
Your posts do however seem to indicate some confusion on your part with settings, other advice you've recieved etc. & also a level of sarcasm in your replies that some might be offended by? It may just be the written word conveying things badly?
My replies only sought to try & assist you as it appeared that you didn't understand ground balance/ground balancing well. I hadn't replied due to your replies that seemed sarcastic & didn't want to start a shite slinging match, no other reason, & think replying now probably isn't a good idea either? It seems nobody from QED sales, on Facebook or here can help you? Might be more about you than the advice?
Confused about these comments:
"Do not need lessons on my qed as it isn't overly complicated getting it quiet. 
"sometimes I can get a bit anal about the why because I can't get an explanation that clicks and makes sense, if the material is technichal and complicated (as pi detectors are)."
Anyhow, enough from me on this & the QED, good luck with it all DD68 thumbsup

As I tried to explain (and won't bother with this condescending site again) Setting up a QED isn't complicated. Understanding the effect that each adjustment has on the signal the detector sends is very Complicated. Not once did I say I was having problems with my ground balance, simply I found the settings OTHERS were using unusual and wasn't happy with explanation. But confused about the settings of others doesn't mean stupid , already spoken to the dealers and have access to the inventor and builder. Not sure how my commenting on another post gave you the signal I needed uncalled for advice. While your intentions were good, again uncalled for. Perhaps keep your advice for those that ask for it. Which I did not.

1 user likes this post: pinfire opals

Dave79
25 July 2020 09:25 pm

Sure you'll find a forum where you fit right in playful

Prospecting must be like fishing, the big one keeps getting away!

mbasko
25 July 2020 10:10 pm

DiggerDave68 wrote:

As I tried to explain (and won't bother with this condescending site again) Setting up a QED isn't complicated. Understanding the effect that each adjustment has on the signal the detector sends is very Complicated.

News flash - understanding the effect each adjustment has is part of setting up your detector. It can't be both not complicated & then very complicated. After time most detectors are not overly complicated including the QED. These type of contradictory statements (which you've made a few of) are confusing & give an impression you're confused about how to set up your detector correctly. My apologies for trying to help you.

DiggerDave68 wrote:

Not once did I say I was having problems with my ground balance, simply I found the settings OTHERS were using unusual and wasn't happy with explanation. But confused about the settings of others doesn't mean stupid , already spoken to the dealers and have access to the inventor and builder.

And yet you still came to this forum & stated "Apparantly some machines run those settings with GB cranked right up. (i Know mine won't!)?? See recent dunolly find on fb page, gb 296 or something. As a newbie it just confused me"
Again my apologies for thinking that you had meant your QED won't run a cranked up ground balance setting & that you were a confused newbie looking for help on this helpful forum. I can now see my error - your not a confused newbie, you're a high strung QED owner who doesn't like advice on any level because your too smart to be told anything by anybody.

DiggerDave68 wrote:

Not sure how my commenting on another post gave you the signal I needed uncalled for advice. While your intentions were good, again uncalled for. Perhaps keep your advice for those that ask for it. Which I did not.

Well it was my post you commented on. It read like you didn't understand the context that it was written to & also a call from a confused newbie for assistance as explained above. It appeared that you were after a response & I also wanted to clear up the context of my post, the one you commented on.
Another newsflash for you. Your not unique or special. Anyone that's purchased a QED & needs help can get assistance from the dealers + the inventor/builder. I still have Howard's mobile number.
Here's another newsflash for you. When you come to a forum don't make statements ending with double "??". That indicates your posing a question. Don't follow up by saying your a confused newbie as that indicates you need assistance. Make a point of letting people know your an anal DH that doesn't need advice.This way people will have no problem understanding that you don't need any help whatsoever.
In fact seeing as Facebook has confused you, this forum can't help you & you don't need advice here maybe give the social media a wide berth. You can then drive Reg, Brian & Howard bonkers playful lol

Last edited by mbasko (25 July 2020 10:13 pm)

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site