Bluetooth headphones with SteelPhase SP01

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wondering if it's possible to use my Bluetooth headphones from my equinox with the steelphase? I have a Sdc 2300. If I can how do I set it up?
I can't find anything on how to set up Bluetooth with the steelphase :(
If I can't what headphones would I need to get?
Cheers Tania :)

Yep its easy just get a Bluetooth transmit/receiver plug it into your spo1 on transmit and your Bluetooth headphones should pair up I got mine from jaycar for $40 its a technetics brand also headphones for $80 they work a treat on my sdc and f1A4 cheers Muk.

Did your equinox come with a Bluetooth transmitter, the 800 does but not sure about the 600?

Dave79 said:
Did your equinox come with a Bluetooth transmitter, the 800 does but not sure about the 600?
The Equinox Bluetooth transmitter is inbuilt.
The 800 comes with a WM08 receiver module (transmitter for that is also inbuilt) which isn't Bluetooth but Minelab's own proprietary wireless system.

The issue with adding an enhancer like the Steelphase is they are ideally set up by plugging a wireless audio receivers output into the input of the enhancer then using either headphones or speaker from the enhancer output.

You could do this with the WM08 by pairing it with the Equinox then plugging the output into the Steelphase then using wired headphones from the Steelphase.
i.e. Equinox inbuilt wireless tx to WM08 receiver module
WM08 receiver module to Steelphase enhancer
Steelphase enhancer to wired headphones of choice

It will work as Muk describes with Bluetooth tx/rx but I'm pretty sure Steelphase doesn't recommend setting up like that as you can lose the signal enhancement it provides in the wireless transmission.

Muk said:
Mine works fine like I said cheers Muk.
Yeah it will work with Bluetooth on a lot of machines but not all. Didn't say it didn't work but thought I had read it wasn't an ideal set up or could lose some signal enhancement that way but I could be wrong. Maybe Pat or Nenad will see this & advise?

I do know 1st hand that Bluetooth & the SP01 doesn't work well on the QED (due to low audio output of the QED), as an example of a machine it doesn't work well on.
Also as per Pat: "Although the enhancement feature of the sP01 wont be as prominent on a VLF machine. It will act more like a standard booster and lift the volume."
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=427342#p427342

I have however seen Nenad post that on the SDC with set up from detector > SP01 > tx > rx increased volume using the Quest wireless system.
So there are different results with different detectors. What works on some may not work well on others especially if you want the full signal enhancement features of the SP01 not just boosted volume? :Y:

Latest posts