Scanning/imaging gold detectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any knowledge on the scanning/imaging detectors?

Im unable to find any details or heard of anyone using them. some have a long tube, others have two probes or antennas on them.

Not able to show a link, but I googled German made detectors

There are some that specifically state for gold, what they claim they can do is unbelievable.

No, I dont have any thoughts of buying one, just curious.

Thanks for the info ded driver.

I cant imagine the local laws would allow them To advertise or sell them in Germany.

If there claims and explanations werent so outrageous, they would be able to con a few more people.

The thing some people need to remember when contemplating purchasing these gimmicks, if they were so good and did what they claimed, then forums like this would have threads showing how good they are (like we do with machines and methods that actually work and are proven), many people would own them and there would be heaps of youtube video's showing people finding gold with them.

There is good reason for the lack of info on them, lack of video's showing them finding gold and lack of people owning them ;)

Yes heaps of gimmicks out there. Have you seen the one with all the aerials stuck on it ? Recently I managed to make something that makes gold easier to see on the ground but I only managed to make it work for a small time in a controlled enviroment and have not been able to do it again 8.( If I actually had something revolutionary I would be applying for some patents then making a video of it working in real world conditions to prove it to everyone. All I have is this solitary pic, it doesn't prove much but then I am not claiming much either or trying to sell anything so no harm done.
1595417025_1594735893_screenshot_20200714_233107-1.jpg
if you have been looking at this sort of thing do your self a favour and just have a good laugh about it.
1595417397_20200722_205933.jpg
I see four mobile phone antennas a pipe and perhaps a kids bicycle handle bar grip :lol:

But we all know if it sounds too good to be true we have loads of people ready to hand over cash.
There was one guy around here who was demonstrating these to people. And even had a few videos as supporting evidence..

He would never allow anyone to actually test with hidden gold.

But people still purchased.

Cheers HH

Mike678 said:
Also they would be so rich , there would be no need to sell them !
Yep! I once was talking to the seller of one of these and I asked if it is so good, why don't you just go find your own gold with it, his response was that expeditions are expensive!!! LOL
Really? Tank of fuel, dial in the nearest biggest shallow nugget and the rest is like perpetual motion.

There are some GPR machines that are ok, but they are mainly only good for searching for relics in benign soil and the reason they work is because relics are a distinct shape unlike nuggets which look like every other rock as far as a GPR is concerned.
Also, in our goldfield grounds, the mineralisation limits the depth a GPR will go.

Cheers Mick

I did think of using one to find boulder opal . They are ironstone rocks in sandstone .

HoudiniHarry said:
But we all know if it sounds too good to be true we have loads of people ready to hand over cash.
There was one guy around here who was demonstrating these to people. And even had a few videos as supporting evidence..

He would never allow anyone to actually test with hidden gold.

But people still purchased.

Cheers HH

I think i know of the person you mention, he lives in Ballarat, is a PMAV member and also in the seekers club. Has a U-Tube channel and is mates with Famo59.
Having a fair bit of high level industrial electronics experience myself i doubt the little yellow box on a spinning handle would find you gold or buried treasure.

Stay clear of the SCAM. :idea: