Minelab GPX 5000 coil and accessories recommendations

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just bought a 5000. Wondering what peoples out there are running on them successfully. Obviously the 12 evo is a given. Also definitely the 19 round evo. Middle coil was thinking a 17 eliptical. What about other coils? Advantage worth it. Stock commanders? Detech Ultras? Coiltek. Sadie for the tight spots. For use in Victoria

While the 12 Evo is a brilliant coil, it wouldn't be on my list as the stock ML 11" mono doesn't come far behind. A much under rated coil IMO.

The 15" Evo ( because they don't make the 14" Advantage any more) and an 18" or 19". Apart from that every coil arsenal should have a large DD and the new 25" DD from NF gets me all hot and bothered.

The 14" and 18" spoked round Advantages were my 2 favourite coils.

I like round and spoked, others like elliptical and solid. What ever floats your boat.

I agree about the standard 11 inch mono too. Found most of my gold with the 45 using it. I have a 15 eliptical commander mono too now. They are also a very good coil. Good sensitivity and will go deep

Hey All,

So i finally bit the bullet and got myself a 5000, just arrived in the post today! Spewing as i wont be able to use it for another 5 weeks as im in lockdown 8.(

Iv got the 14x9" nugget finder and the 14" coiltek coils with it and an external speaker.

Ill mainly be using it throughout VIC.

Any other coils or add ons you would recommend to get the best out of the machine?

Cheers

Gday Oldgreg,
Youve got a great combo there to start with, both those coils are proven winners :Y:
I reckon the addition of a 15 Evo. or 17x13 Evo and a SP01 enhancer and youre set.
Oh, and a good set of headphones of course... :goldnugget:

Hi Oldgreg,
Might I suggest you detect some gold firstly, then, knowing a little more, use this capital to purchase the bits and pieces you will / might grow to understand will benefit you best?
I assume you have headphones - I would use them.
Cheers stevewilko

Congrats Oldgreg.
Ive got a deposit on one so its good to hear the stock has arrived.
I was expecting to get a call today saying that I could pick mine up.
Hopefully Ill get mine tomorrow.
Good luck when you can get out there.
Im in the same boat as far as lockdown is concerned.
Hopefully the mandatory mask wearing will drop the daily numbers over the next two weeks and we can get out in 4 weeks.
Cheers

Dignit said:
Congrats Oldgreg.
Hopefully the mandatory mask wearing will drop the daily numbers over the next two weeks and we can get out in 4 weeks.
Cheers

Thought you would be getting the 7000 mate, that 4500 of your runs sweet. :Y:

Thanks all for the suggestions!

I do have an SDC that i have found plenty of gold with hence the decision to upgrade.

Iv got the stock headphones that the machine comes with from miners den. Sounds like what i have already is pretty much all i need for a while! Unless there is a set of headphones worth upgrading to?

Cheers

Dignit said:
Congrats Oldgreg.
Cheers

Hey Dignit!
Nice to hear, mine has been on order for nearly 5 weeks so pretty happy to finally have it arrive! Hope yours comes soon mate! All the best when it does come, hope you do alright :perfect:

Can only hope the numbers drop soon! i think we will see a few high numbers continue for a few more days from all the pre-mask cases spreading, but ideally with the introduction of the masks we should see a drop in about a week i reckon! provided everyone sticks to the rules!

I also suggest that you work towards adding the SteelPhase SP01 enhancer as AussieAU advised noting that this "must have bit of kit (in my opinion)" is matched with SteelPhase headphones to suit.
All high tech....All in good time...
Good Luck - wilko.

stevewilko said:
I also suggest that you work towards adding the SteelPhase SP01 enhancer as AussieAU advised noting that this "must have bit of kit (in my opinion)" is matched with SteelPhase headphones to suit.
All high tech....All in good time...
Good Luck - wilko.

Awesome, thanks Wilko! will definitely keep that in mind :perfect: the advice is always appreciated!

Latest posts