How Close Can I Cut ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on the material and how it chips Keith, the other thing is to get a sweeping curve , you generally need to do a couple of passes to get the curve shape right. I think 1mm is the closest I would go with a saw blade, but this doesnt leave any margin for saw creep of having a bad day. I have oversawn a couple of times but have been able to redraw my shape by moving it slightly. Once I have had to reduce my intended size and a couple of times have had to adjust the shape due to big chips due to a shitty saw blade and too much pressure.

Corner chips will generally be removed in the cabbing process but at the end of a cut some materials will let a larger chip fly off, so I always leave the exit cuts at about +3mm and grind down ........ and always question if I could have gone closer :playful: 8.( :playful: 8.(

With that blade you should be able to cut fairly close, but take heed to Wally's advice. Force is what can damage things, let the blade cut at the rate it wants to cut, don't push it, this will also help to minimise chipping.

I had another go today, raised the spray guard a bit so I could see down the blade and with some very carefull cutting I got almost to the line on all of the cabs. Gunna make the initial shaping much easier :Y:

Latest posts