X Coils for GPX/QED/GPZ detectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If that coil runs as smooth as tbe 18" coil I have, then should be a terific coil, especially in WA. I know some ground over there wherei would love to try it on, gold just out of reach of current coils.

Oops, my bad, thought NF made them but obviously not at this stage. Hopefully soon.

I don't need to think. I need to take a Russian coil. I think she will pay for herself very quickly.

I don't know about Russia, but most of the boarders here in Australia are still locked down because of the Covid19 virus, I cant even get packages of x-coils sent from Russia for the time being until things get back to normal.

There is still only limited travel here in Australia by road vehicle and you need to still Quarantine for 14 days after crossing the different state boarders here. :goldnugget: :goldpan: :pickshovel:

cheers dave

I was in Reeds last week and asked about any reports on these X coils. I was told that ML have a heap of Z's that have been destroyed by them. Fact or Fiction?

Harald Hardrada said:
I was in Reeds last week and asked about any reports on these X coils. I was told that ML have a heap of Z's that have been destroyed by them. Fact or Fiction?
Heaps of them hey. A couple destroyed, but only because the dimwits that did the patch lead had know idea what they were doing. The only damaged detectors that i have heard about was all due to incorect patch lead wiring. Naturally minelab would say heaps, they are not making a buck out of these brilliant coils that they themselves cannot produce

travelergold said:
Harald Hardrada said:
Heaps of them hey. A couple destroyed, but only because the dimwits that did the patch lead had know idea what they were doing. The only damaged detectors that i have heard about was all due to incorect patch lead wiring. Naturally minelab would say heaps, they are not making a buck out of these brilliant coils that they themselves cannot produce

Thats what I was told, but took with a grain of salt anyway as they don't sell them.
So it appears that you like them and I haven't seen a post where anyone has said that they blew up their Z by using one.
Havent tried one so far but defiantly thinking about.

Dear colleagues, I cant say anything for the new NF coil, but I can tell a lot about the Russian X coil. All my friends have been using these coils for 2 years already, and all of them have shown very good results. The only negative in this coil is the cord that you need redo but it's worth it. the coil is very sensitive and quiet. all the places I went through with the standard coil, I went through with the X coil again and it was a miracle. I found so many quiet signals that brought me many new nuggets.

And what else I want to say, I did not get any freebies, but I really love the truth. It may be unpleasant for someone that the Russians invented such a miracle coil, but forgive me it's true.

Well we got out to test the 17" concentric x-coil on the GPZ7000 today, nothing scientific, just a lead target inserted into the bank at about 14" deep, and trying a variety of settings, like Difficult/High Yield, and Difficult/General and then Normal/High Yield and Normal/ General, with sensitivity on 16 for all and audio smoothing on high for all as well. It seemed to be that General/Difficult was very good to use, and General/Normal probably got a bit more depth but would be a challenge to use in detecting the area as ground noise and hot rocks were annoying, but General/Difficult was a pleasure to use, and nearly got the same depth anyway. EMI was a non event, and ground balance was very good both "X" balance and "G" balance. Like others have already said the target is more in the center of the coil rather than the edge, like the spiral wound x-coils for the Zed. Over all was a very pleasing coil to use.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/DEeWbVMEHbo[/video]

Latest posts