You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Theduke
25 April 2019 02:15 pm

Decided to give swinging a wand around a go, thinking about wandering beaches with it to see how I like it. It’s about a week away but I’ll try review it as I go. It was cheap and not expecting to find much with it but I think toe dipping with this will let me know if I’m keen to continue or not. If I find something it’ll be a bonus, really it’s just an excuse to go to the beach more lol and picnics with the family.

3 users like this post: Ded Driver, goody2shoes, ProspectorPete

crustydog
25 April 2019 06:00 pm

Look forward to your review.
My first detector was a $18 job from the local newsagents about 20 years ago. Found $2.05 in the local play areas at some parks. Was enough to get me interested in the hobby and i haven't looked back.
People may knock it and tell you that you get what you pay for, but at the end of the day if its what you can afford and you're having fun thats all that matters.
Enjoy

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make it worth watching.

6 users like this post: ProspectorPete, goody2shoes, Smoky bandit, Danny13, ctxkid, roundtuit

Dave law
25 April 2019 07:11 pm

Yeah don’t know about the 3030 but I started with a radio shack (dick smith) many years ago. Paid for itself many times over. I have had many different detectors since. Best of luck on your journey ahead. BEWARE highly addictive. Cheers

I enjoy haveing my electromagnetic feild disturbed. XP Deus. 9" low&9"hf coil MI6 pinpointer. Diamond Digger. Oldest coin. 1797 Cart wheel penny X2. FOM winner 5/17.

2 users like this post: goody2shoes, crustydog

Smoky bandit
25 April 2019 11:24 pm

The md3030 is a great detector for its price range thumbsup

No pain No gain..

Theduke
03 May 2019 10:40 pm

It arrived today and just finished the unboxing. First glance, its really light so hopefully get a few hours of swinging done before it feels like my arms going to fall off. It’s made of light weight thin gauge materials has pros and cons but I don’t have any plans to use it like a club so think it’ll be ok. Next thing is to give it a go after work tomorrow in the backyard or around the corner at the park in the sand around the play equipment if the rain holds off. The destructions are in easy to read English and fairly clear on the use of the machine.

Overall my first impression is that I paid for what I got, the next step is to swing it around and see if it actually can find something at the claimed depths.

Stay tuned for more once I get a few trips out with it

2 users like this post: Smoky bandit, crustydog

crustydog
20 July 2020 07:30 pm

Any update on your experience with this?

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make it worth watching.