Detech Coil information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a bit more info here https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=23794

It's a very sensitive coil for its size.
Here'e a small specie I got with it, strapped to the 4500.

1553253330_specie_15_detech_mono.jpg

:Y: just bought one tonight so will be giving it a go over the next few weeks.
Sounds/looks a nice coil at a great price. Had some success with Detech coils before so hopefully it continues with this one.

Gave the Detech 15" Super Deep spiral a run today & was impressed with it. Dug a broad range of shallow & deep targets but no golden ones today. Going by the size of what I was digging I've got no doubt I would have got some gold if I'd swung over it.
Ran very nicely on the 4500 (Gain 9, Stab 9 - other settings factory or close to them). Same settings I used with the NF Evo 14x9 coil.
Even ran it under some Distribution Lines with only some slight chatter. Being a 15" spiral wound coil I was expecting it to go nuts there.
This coil will be staying on the GPX for awhile :Y:

Could you tell me which of these coils would be the better Nugget finder 19" Evo spoke round or 18" Detech GPX mono round coil thanks

Both good brands of coil.
If weight is important (less weight) then that's where Nugget Finder will have a clear advantage.
The Evo coils are also more sensitive than standard mono coils. The standard Detechs would be better compared to Nugget Finder Advantage coils.
Detech do make Evo competitive mono coils (Detech Ultra Sensing) but 15" is the largest they make them as yet.
Detech do offer an 18" Concentric coil that from reports so far is competitive with the Evo 19" both in performance & weight. One positive of the 18" concentric appears to be better EMI & ground handling abilities over the Evo?

Elijah89 said:
The best coils in the World are X-coils and Nugget Finder, other coils it is expensive trash
We're probably getting a bit off topic here. This is a Detech Coil thread.
Maybe post your opinion &/or comparisons + findings with X coils here:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=32684
So far no clear cut advantage to spending around ~$200 more on an X coil has been discussed or shown? Maybe you could fill us in?

Edit: Thanks Mbasko--The above means "The proof is in the pudding"

Not sure how long you've been detecting/using the GPX PP but if you have settings that work well in a particular area with other coils then they should be ok with the Detech or as a starting point anyways. I find I can run it pretty similar or the same as the NF 14x9 Evo.
If not start off in factory presets & use Enhance 4500 or Fine Gold 5000.
Just adjust the gain & stabiliser to suit the ground.

It's a bit hard to give "best settings" for a particular detector or coil as ground conditions can vary between areas & even change in the same area i.e. wet ground
As an example there are areas I've been able to run the 4500 gain up to 12 & others back down to 8.
I've also been able to run Sensitive Extra in a few areas with the Detech 15" Super Deep & found some gold so it's really area dependent.

Latest posts