Vic Maps

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in VIC KMZ files for Google Earth with markers for historic reefs and mines etc? I am slowly in the process of making these for the Parks your allowed to prospect in. Nothing esoteric about it all, just info from GeoVic marked out on a Google Earth KMZ file.

Okay here is the first, Paddys Ranges just short of Maryborough.
The whole area around here is scattered with reefs, mines and shafts. There are no documented shafts within Paddys Ranges. I have included 'Laura' not sure whether it is a reef, mine or shaft, it lays on the Southern end and you can get it to easily via Possum Gully. It is outside the Paddys Range park area so I am not sure of legalities of prospecting there. I believe it is crown land though.

And it has just occurred to me that I am unable to add attachments to posts :(
So I will make it available on my web-server for download: www.vk3mhz.com/maps/Paddys_Ranges.kmz

A few notes, and this applies to any future maps:
- 100% accuracy is not guaranteed, they are to get you within the ballpark, but should be very close.
- If you fall into a hole/shaft/whatever that is your fault for not watching where your walking.
- If there are any errors or omissions, let me know I will update the maps.
- I'm not a cartologist, I just like maps :)
- It is up to you to determine if your legally allowed to prospect any sites shown - you were when I made them, but it may change.

Just an update to the maps. I am going to make up a page on my site for all the maps, which will include (where available) park notes etc. If anyone wanted to submit maps or relevant files to be added to the downloadable list they are more then welcome to do so.

If there is enough interest I am happy to setup and FTP server where people can upload/download files. FTP download can be done via a browser, but uploading would require the use of an FTP client such as FileZilla, which is easy to use and learn. The only things I would ask for would be that the password not be shared outside of forum members, don't upload anything stupid (illegal), don't upload files not relevant to prospecting.

Hi was just wondering if this was still available, the link wont seem to work for me. cheers!

Hey folks..
Hopfully emu is still floating around because that link from 2017 seems to be dead unfortunately..
Cranky emu if your floating around oneday yell out, interested in your maps. Cheers

Could be thanks aussie digs, i will have a look later when in on the laptop, cant seem to open any of them on my phone unfortunately.
Cheers!

Thanks AussieDigs for the update on where to find them, great for a beginner (me) to gauge what areas to start out in.

Latest posts