No more ATVs from honda polaris and yamaha

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While they are pulling their Quad Bikes, Honda & Polaris have stated they will still offer side-by-side (2 seater) vehicles.
From the above link, Mr Toscano said Honda would continue to support ATV parts and servicing for at least the next decade, and would continue to offer its range of purpose built SXS (side by sides) and ag bikes.
And from Polaris, The company said it would now focus on the 30 models of side by side vehicles (SSV) it already offered on the Australian market.
And from Yamaha, sort of carry on, This is because new sport and fun ATVs do not need to be fitted with OPDs. In addition, side-by-side vehicles are not affected by this ruling, so Yamaha will support our utility ATV dealers and ease the transition from ATV to ag bike and SSV business, Yamaha director Brad Ryan said.
https://www.beefcentral.com/news/sales-of-side-by-side-v
ehicles-overtaking-quads-in-australia/
seems no more quad bikes as such, but there will be options for those that need or want a 4 wheeler

yep that is an issue, them being that much wider.
Over the last 5 years or so I have noticed a fair few farmers down this way starting to buy the Can AM & Polaris units more tho.
Not a big problem in paddocks, but def a prob for prospectors going bush :argh:

We own 3 yamaha quads , each one would be 5 years different in age and they are all 400 to 450 cc .

The oldest one will try roll /tip over everywhere you go,
The middle aged one is stable and you have to be on fairly steep country to feel unsafe,
The newest one will pretty much go anywhere and unless your a complete idoit should never roll.

They have made them wider , with better suspensoin and better everythings .
Modern quads are already safe.
I am against the roll bars in my stitaution they could be dangerous.
Idoits cause 70% of accidents.

Goldchaser1 said:
The side by sides DD cant go places a quad can,one other problem prospecting related is carting them bloody things about,there a small car allmost,quads fit in the back of a ute nicely......
Depends, in flat country quads are ok. In rugged steep country the side by side will leave a quad way behind.

Rockwall said:
Goldchaser1 said:
The side by sides DD cant go places a quad can,one other problem prospecting related is carting them bloody things about,there a small car allmost,quads fit in the back of a ute nicely......
Depends, in flat country quads are ok. In rugged steep country the side by side will leave a quad way behind.

Yeah i imagine being longer and wider theyll climb better,i was refering more to the size,picking ya way through virgin scrub id much prefer the smaller quad......
You can allmost guarantee with the new roll over system some gooses will push the limits a bit further now AF,im sure theyll reduce deaths hopefully but a real shame we lose 3 of the main suppliers along the way,hopefully the aftermarket guys will jump on board and come up with something that could bolt on most models.....

They should make hores sales illegal unless they are fitted with rops.

If you have ever had a low tree limb just snag a tractor rops you will under stand why its not a simple debate.

There are millions if not billions of quads out there , thats why the accident numbers look bad.

There is also millions of idiots , inexperience and un supervised clowns out there.

In a way this is a good thing. I don't know how many stories I have heard of farmers or people being killed in quad bike accidents. So far as yet I do not know of any personally that have been killed in a side by side accident. Before people go off at me I will say that I have used both and for me personally I prefer the side by side. They go further on a tank of fuel and carry so much more than a quad can. Plus you have the space to fit a diesel heater in a side by side as I have seen done. Not bad when you are out on those cold winter nights checking livestock or controlling vermin. I have to agree with Aussiefarmer in saying there are millions of idiots out there. All the times except for once that I have come off a quad is because I was being silly and doing things I should not be doing.

A replacement is available out of the USA
Wide stance, R.O.P. & a mild CRF230 engine.
Safe as staying in bed ... clearance might be an issue but :playful:
1594025688_pink_barbie_car.jpg

Rockwall said:
Goldchaser1 said:

Still depends on the nut behind the wheel. I prefer the Quad for spaying, I can see and spray all around the bike.

G'day

No matter whether the quads have roll over protection or not it will stop idiots from being idiots, never ceases to amaze me how the actions of a few blockheads can ruin things for everyone else, I agree that quads can be lethal even in responsible hands as accidents do happen but seriously if you try to make any piece of machinery do something that its not designed for there is a fair chance it will bite you.

Being in the small engine industry for many years I have seen horrific injuries people have received from chainsaws, mowers, snippers, leaf shredders and even hand operated garden shears, but all of these items are still on the shelves of hardware stores to this day and many have remained unchanged and still require no training to be able to buy and operate.

Motor bikes are just as dangerous in the bush as quads are and any lapse in concentration can result in an injury, being a fool and driving around stupidly just massively increases the chance of a mishap, maybe its time the humans are fitted with a governor instead of the bike.

cheers

stayyerAU

So what are these roll over devices meant for quads? Surely not a mini roll bar?

I can see the attraction of the SxS to some, but they big and getting bigger..some are pretty are nearly the same size as the old Suzuki 413's....

CF Moto are here to stay.

They will be supplying all their quads with a quad bar from October this year, one full year ahead of the requirement. The quad bars can be removed once you have bought the bike.

We are just about about to get a C Force 625 2 seater from Goldfields Bikeworks in Kalgoorlie for our prospecting.

They are a high end Chinese maker, with a good rep all round the world.

Like Stayer said, idiots will still be idiots. You can't fix stupid !

Cheers,
Rick

Speaking with the muster crews, if buying new quads means no choice but R.O.P.S. it will be the first thing removed once they leave the shop. Way too dangerous and better off without them for the type of work they do.

Mental picture. Mad tuna and his quad stuck in a tree because of the darn rops getting hung up on a branch :lol: :p

Latest posts