Western Creek Station Qld information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey K-M
The spot I was referring to is just East of the wording on your map Mosquito Bore on the boundary line the steep hill near secret dam, are you familiar with this area??
Have you had a look around the patch below the Large Mullock just to the NE of the hill climb right near the road?????
cheers
Lee

RC
The hill in conversation is defiantly not as bad this year the year before Noel took us down into the low bottom area which at the time was a new track they had made to do the boundary fence between Kevin's and Noel's that year the hill was real bad.
Anyway I'm not sure of the area your talking about I can see the dam in Kevin's I have got gold LGully both sides of that hill.
Walking in about 1k into the deeper gullies.
K-M
:D

Bogger said:
Well having a coffee in Clermont on the way back :(
Great time and already booked in again :)
Spoke to a bloke who was detecting Mt Talbot and showed me a very nice 48 gram little shiner
GEM IN 1 Don't worry about the Z as a few couples I met the the Mr was peeved that the Mrs was getting more with the SDC :)
Okay more on that later
Ps Hope you like roos :cool:
Once again Lurleen and Noel Tops and the people of Forsayth helpful and friendly :)
coffee makes any town better no doubt.
If time permitted I would probably stop there for caf gold ;) definitely will check out one day though.
For me the z is how often I will use it, over how much I get but if I do get lucky enough there is nothing to stop me ACTING peeved the missus got more than me :D .
As for roos you know missed a few hit a few more, got a good bulbar but cheers for the heads up.Um should I be concerned about scorpians out there though?.
Thankyou other member's also been a great help :cool: .

Well my best find at Long Gully I actually didn't find :eek: Someone had found a rusty old tobacco tin and left it with their rubbish finds heap ................... I looked at it and could see the lid even though rusted thru had not been removed .................... they should have looked inside ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Gem 1 re the Roos ...................... was talking to Noel about all the vehicles there having all the doors dented in and said to him are you hitting stumps ? He just laughed and said no the Roo's just keep missing the bull bars.

Well, I just got a 'long weekend' off and I'm thinking of hitting the stations at Forsayth as well. Be great to meet up with anyone else there, whereabouts are you guys thinking of staying?

rc62burke said:
Hey K-M
The spot I was referring to is just East of the wording on your map Mosquito Bore on the boundary line the steep hill near secret dam, are you familiar with this area??
Have you had a look around the patch below the Large Mullock just to the NE of the hill climb right near the road?????
cheers
Lee

The track you are talking about is a lot of fun to drive especially coming from the south up and over the ridge and just hope there is still a track in front of you and not a cliff..

I'm pretty sure I know the spot that your talking about at the bottom of the big mullock heap. The missus and I have probably taken half an ounce from that area. Trouble is Brownie beat everyone else to that spot and pulled 7 or 8 ounces I believe. There is also gold on the south side of the road but you need to work your way through a lot of junk.

If you keep following the fence line North from there we have had some good finds up that way.

Bogger said:
Well my best find at Long Gully I actually didn't find :eek: Someone had found a rusty old tobacco tin and left it with their rubbish finds heap ................... I looked at it and could see the lid even though rusted thru had not been removed .................... they should have looked inside ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Gem 1 re the Roos ...................... was talking to Noel about all the vehicles there having all the doors dented in and said to him are you hitting stumps ? He just laughed and said no the Roo's just keep missing the bull bars.

If you're after relics Bogger then head down to the old silver mine camp. Crap oooops I should say relics everywhere.

If you're after relics Bogger then head down to the old silver mine camp. Crap oooops I should say relics everywhere.

Wooly was down that way and could have well have taken a magnet instead of a detector ..................... but then I was finding boot tacs and rubbish in even the hardest to access places ....................... just when you thought no one had been before .................. you find a beer bottle :D
Mining companies have certainly moved some material down there, so much so in places have actually changed the contour of the land :/

1473711709_old_smelter_chimney.jpg

It's great being able to detect basically for as far as the eye can see :)

1473711934_road_thru_long_gully.jpg

1473712332_forsayth_road_sign.jpg

KIM-MARGARET said:
Hi
No need to do the bad spot, its on the boundary line with Dells hole, up to high you can stop just before this area and walk down to the gully's the hill is pretty pointless as you can get to the bottom by driving in either side and doing a bit of walking, hence its the walking that gets the gold not the driving.

I will attach a map of the 2 if I can might be a bit big.
K-Mhttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1311/1473383514_long_gully.jpg

Where can I find these maps?

Going to western creek 1st time. Does anyone have a map of site plus gps marks for boundary lines? Trying to pre - plan trip.

Hi Wrighty 1

What machine are you using, as I and many other found out the GPX 5000 and 4500 struggled to find anything.

When I switched to the SDC the gold started to come in and others with the 7000 found it to.

Also Rockhunter 62 cleaned up with the Gold Monster.

Many of the nuggets found with the SDC would not register with the Evolution or Elite coils.

Hope this info helps.

Regards Anthony.

Shirley will give you a map, the same as the one on face book, unless they have a new one out now.
Not sure if the new lease is up and running yet, but there is a track in now. Went in there years a go on the quad bike before the track, looking for an old spot interesting
was always going to go back. Now there's a track leading around both sides of the hill I was looking around. MMM must have been close. come on winter.

Cheers Peter

Ask Brownie for a few tips :Y: He swings a Z
Be warm up there at the mo and damn dry also apparently according to the Long Gully peeps

Hi everyone looking at getting a detector and heading out to flat creek station was just after advise at where to try if there's any strams or creeks or anything could try paning aswell much thanks in advance

Currently there and it's hot, damn hot
Personally i would say to hot to detect other than early morning or late afternoon. :(
I am in Forsayth now.
6th October.
I called in to Western Creek Station yesterday, and it is way too friggin hot to be out detecting.
It would have to be a few hrs in the morning, and a few hours late arvo.
Due to the distances here it results in not much time with the detector.
I am heading to Mt Talbot on Monday and see how it goes.
The tourist part in Forsayth is almost empty.

Latest posts