Batea gold pan

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has used a batea gold pan.
Watched one been used on YouTube. Seems to be an efficient pan once you
get the hang of it.
Would love to hear you thoughts

Never used one ,but Vogus and Dan Hurd have had a go at them. I would be afraid of losing material over the edge before it sunk to the bottom of the pan. Riffles are a safety net on any other gold pan and stop heavies going over the side, so i would prefer to keep using the new style , rather than the 2000 year old Chinese version i am afraid of ,but might be effective in an expert`s hands.

That was my concern. There are no riffles. Also you would need deep enough water to submerge the whole pan. And yes I agree. You can beat a modern pan

As with any new pan it's just a matter of getting used to it. I found the batea quick and easy to use. As long as you strarify the material all the heavies drop to the bottom . As for depth, the pan is only 150mm deep so you need maybe 200mm to use it.
Dan Hurds review showed a capture rate of around 85% and Vogus reckons it'll become his "Go To" pan.
Took me maybe 3 or 4 painfuls to get the hang of it.
If you're just taking the kids down for some fun then stick with the flat pan, but if you want to move a lot of stuff quickly try the batea pan.

Hi batmanmick. Thanks for the input. I'm keen to add one to my arsenal
Where did you purchase yours and how much
Thanks
Banjo

I have two different Size' Pan's

Never really through about size or shape

I just pick them up and started using them

1593078501_img_20200529_113342_copy_1094x1945.jpg

My big pan and my smaller pan

Goody

Latest posts