A Few Of Guessologists Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1582860083_pin.jpg

Dont know if the image will post but has anyone ever seen one of these before? Found it out detecting a few weekends back in talbot about 6 inches deep in an old mullock heap. It has a small shaft on the backside split in two. Im assuming some sort of pin, not sure on the metal either, small spots of corrosion so not steel and is quite light but still strong so not aluminium.

For some reason that it reminds me of the House of Stark symbol from Game of Thrones.
Sorry man cant say Ive seen anything like it. But looks interesting. Hope you find out what it is

Guessologist said:
A bit of persistence not far from where I found the groat earlier paid off with this spill, all within a 2m patch and 2-3 inches from surface:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/11952/1582754507_spill1.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/11952/1582754520_spill2.jpg

How about the grouping on the dates!
Love the condition of those coins. I've got plenty from the 1970s-80s that look way worse. Hopefully there's a sovereign hiding somewhere round there :inlove:

Got out for a opportunistic quick swing, came up with a couple of nice ones:

William IV memorial token (17 on the nox), didn't even know these were a thing:
1587980831_w4b.jpg

1587980840_w4a.jpg

King George V coronation medallion (solid 26 on the nox), in much better nick than my first one a page back:
1587980850_kgva.jpg

1587980859_kgvb.jpg

Only other find of note was a carbide lamp nozzle.

William 4 Memorial token! Wow A great find. I've not heard of these either. An uncommon find alright. Great site you are on.

Congrats!

Oops, sorry that's a 1937 edition, King George VI! When I dug it I thought it was another of the one at the top of this page but it was even later...

Aaaaaah, saw victoria and 37 and thought it was her coronation. Thought it was in pretty good condition!

Found an interesting button, or an eyeball off a doll maybe? Mostly interesting because it has a date on the back:

1594341445_btn1.jpg

1594341445_btn2.jpg

The little superscript "N" was installed on the stamp backwards somehow :Y: Pretty much impossible to find any info on whatever this is by searching the text on google, you just get pages of irrelevant patents.

Hi Guessoligist, I'm a newbie at this game, and on one of my first "hunts" I found a identical "registered 25August 1856" piece with a tag that has "improved" stamped on it, do we have any idea how common these may have been?