Minelab SDC2300 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually got sent a pic, the wings are below the coupling, so a few bucks would do the trick. Or a male sized up to a booster.

Any way, Im in agreement, the V1 May special was $3600, V2 is about $400 more for an arm cover, knuckle protector, LiIon battery packand charger, extended cable, newer headphones. Seems expensive.

If you had shares youd be happy I guess lol.

OldGT said:
Actually got sent a pic, the wings are below the coupling, so a few bucks would do the trick. Or a male sized up to a booster.

Any way, Im in agreement, the V1 May special was $3600, V2 is about $400 more for an arm cover, knuckle protector, LiIon battery packand charger, extended cable, newer headphones. Seems expensive.

If you had shares youd be happy I guess lol.

AND the V2 12V charge cable is ridiculous, it has alligator clips.. not a lighter socket plug. Why the hell anyone would think alligator clips are a better choice for charging off 12V these days is beyond me! I went to Jaycar and bought the same 12V charge cable with a lighter socket for $6 :eek:

Codan (MineLab) obviously promoted someone in their finance department who's on a KPI mission to surpass their predecessors margins, imbicile!

1593043915_img_20200625_101113.jpg

Hope thats clear enough

G'day

I'm chasing a cable connector to tie into the headphones out on my SDC 2300, anyone know who sells them please?

Thanks AL

I've already seen phasetech and another vendors product in the West & will not pay those prices for a bit of audio cable and 2 plugs.

I want to go from my speaker or headphones directly to the SDC via 1 plug, that way I've 1 less connection to worry over with moisture or dust.

Any ideas please?

Apart from the Phasetechnical cable the only other way is to source:
- old or unused SDC headphones
- unused Pro Sonic transmitter SDC cable
& use the military SDC plug to make your own adapter to suit or wire your speaker/headphones of choice direct.
I have an unused Pro Sonic transmitter SDC cable somewhere.

thanks mbasko, military SDC plug then is what I'm chasing.. will try google

I've been down the cable road (snake oil) with hi-end audio and know very well in this instance all I need is a shielded cable. I have plenty up in my shed

Cheers AL

I've tried Google numerous times & came up empty handed.
The audio plugs used on Minelab's SDC2300 (& F3 Compact) appear to be proprietary to Minelab. It seems you can only source them if they want you to?
I'll see if I can find the Pro Sonic transmitter SDC cable today & let you know. Cover postage & it's yours.

Mbasko is right. These plugs are not off the shelf plugs and they are even different to the old F3 plugs. I'm not sure if the F3Ci uses the same plug, but regardless they are a custom job unfortunately. It is a real pain in the rear end!

The other alternative would be to just install a 1/4" jack(like every other metal detector on the planet) in place of the original plug. I'm not sure how much room there is however. It is one of the things on my to do list with the sdc.

Cheers Mick

On one of the Facebook groups, a member fits a lead out of the chassis with a 3.5 or 6.5 male or female end (jack). He says there isn't enough room inside the chassis for the jack, hence the lead with the jack coming out.

The SDC plug is not available as a stand alone item in Australia. I know Nenad and from memory I think he said he sources them through Minelab's supplier (he used to work for them). Over half of the cost is what he has to pay for that plug, then the other socket and cable. Then the labour, profit etc etc.

No it's not cheap, but looked after it and it's worth the money. As mentioned, the only other viable option is to cut the plug from your SDC headphones and then solder a 1/4" socket onto the other end of the wire. Then put a 1/4" plug on the phones and they can still be used.

If they have stock, Coiltek Gold Centre in Maryborough VIC may have the patch lead, but I think they get them from Nenad anyway.

mbasko.. thanks for the kind offer, sorry I was a bit late getting back to you but no problem, I'm sure its being put to good use.

had one of those nice faint signals, only just notice it.
Running 5 on sensitivity, 1 on the threshold.
100m down, getting louder, 200mm down, hole is getting bigger!
At over 300mm down and 300mm wide,
I was having a bit of trouble pinning it.
It was screaming by this stage.
I turned the sensitivity down to 1 in normal mode.
Dulling it be a lot quieter.
I found this worked in well in holes.
Nice old pocket knife (rusty) but interesting logo embossed on the handle.
Guessing 1940's when the area was reworked.

It's interesting that this was not detected before, if it was in a known gold area. It could have been anything.

Keep going MH. :p

Latest posts