Erlistoun Station - Laverton W.A.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Calski and welcome to the forum.

I have never found 8 possible Meteorites here and you never found one either :D (wink wink nudge nudge) I have also found dozens of tektites and they are common right throughout the whole goldfields region.
I've also found what I think is a possible small meteorite crater and have shown it to a Geo who also thinks it could be.

Do a google search on Banjawarn Station and read the Wiki article about the seismic event back in the early 90's.

Cheers,

Steve

Great post MT, as you are aware I'm just up the road from you also on 1000000 ac and your comments hit the nail on the head, one important little bit I'd like to add is if you come across cattle please slow down, don't chase them, don't blast your horns to get them to move... be patient.
As Steve pointed out the cattle are mustered most of all the year and the poor old cows are dropping calves wherever they can and it's bad enough we lose the little ones to dogs and drought etc and the last thing we want to see is some numpty herding cattle with their quads etc. Leave that to the professional musterers.
Prospecting is a wonderful pastime for some and great for the professionals too, so if everyone does the right thing we will enjoy it for many years to come.
If you come across someone being a numpty,either report it or have a quiet word to them. Do not get into a confrontation it's not worth it.
We are a long way from medical help out here so please take care, good hunting everyone.

Greenhornet_au said:
Rockhunter62 said:
Come on Steve, we all know that was the Japanese terrorists testing a nuke back then. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Doug

Maybe the French?

Any Green Peace Ships out that way ?

:p

:)

Do your reasearch about the Japanese terrorists who done chemical attack in a Japanese subway.

Cheers

Doug

Madtuna you in the big smoke again?

1590735861_screenshot_20200529-150259_facebook.jpg

madtuna said:
A big favour to ask, not just for Erlistoun but for all stations.

If while out prospecting you come across cactus, would it be at all possible to GPS the area and let the pastoralists know. I guarantee it will earn you brownie points and will do a lot for pastoralist / prospector relations.

Cactus is spreading at an alarming rate throughout the gold fields and if we know where it is it will help us to eradicate it.

Cheers!

In 2018 they sprayed all the cactus in and around Wilson's Path, they also knocked off the aloe vera, (May stand corrected, is not a pest.) One particular plant at the old Gt Western minesite flowered beautifully every year from when we first visited the area in 1990.

@ Shaker...Yeah nah...that's an FFR vehicle (fitted for radio) a coms vehicle .

@ Nightjar... I released some cochlear on some cactus we have here and it does wonders!
Aloe vera though, I wish I had some here as that stuff is brilliant on wounds....and I get way too many.

Regis Resources no longer give permission, written or verbal to access their leases.
All access to Regis ground, be it on Erlistoun or elsewhere is now via the 40E system.

Unfortunately, this has come about due to the usual problems of idiots abusing a good thing and ruining it for the rest.

madtuna said:
Regis Resources no longer give permission, written or verbal to access their leases.
All access to Regis ground, be it on Erlistoun or elsewhere is now via the 40E system.

Unfortunately, this has come about due to the usual problems of idiots abusing a good thing and ruining it for the rest.

Doesn't matter what people do these days it's a few scumbags ruin it for everyone else ]:D Sad to see this post Steve :N: I'm not affected either way by virtue of not having been to WA yet so my experience will be the new normal when it happens.

In the true Aussie spirit of Ted Bullpit, Someone should blow up Idiots and Scumbags :beer:

Hi Steve
How the bloody hell are ya doing? Sent u a message on your old Facebook messenger if youd care to bloody check it ?
Christine