⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks aussiefarmer. I reckon it will be worse than it ever was. Wattles and every weed known to mankind have started to come up. My fear is that you wont even be able to walk through these areas by next winter as the regrowth will be as thick as the hairs on a cats back.

1593487174_img_7870.jpg

Great day out yesterday, sun shining little wind just a super day to be in the bush.

Lucky enough to find these two little tiddlers with the 14x9 (so it works well) and of course the fuggot ball which had my heart going for some time as it was about 5 inches down in nice gravel.

Cheers
Bob

A short tale of the Ugly specimen.

A couple of weeks ago I got a waterworn piece downslope on the south side of a hill. Its in a known gold area, came out shallow in an odd spot.

Took the GM last night and swung till dark upslope. Got pretty dark fast but good a good signal. Threw the scoop full in the back of the car.

Went out again today and waited for a mate to arrive. Put the dirt on the ground and swung over and recovered a bit of ugly looking quartz.

Gave it a couple of light taps and blow me down this came to light.
1593652155_img_20200702_110101.jpg

Before a clean I could only see the tiniest show of colour.

Any way retraced my steps as best I could, and we had a little 2 hour session. 1.2g (reefy), and 2 more little specis, all my mates targets in a line about 8 feet from the original. Best part, no diggings on the upslope of the hillside.

The little ugly speci might just be my new favourite piece. :D

Old mate rang around 1pm, Im in quasi lockdown at the moment (not virus related) and wont be out for a while, so I gave him the green light.

The good news came through about 1/2 hour ago, and hes camping out till Sunday arvo when I can sneak away for an hour or two to catch up.

Cant wait.

OldGT said:
A short tale of the Ugly specimen.

A couple of weeks ago I got a waterworn piece downslope on the south side of a hill. Its in a known gold area, came out shallow in an odd spot.

Took the GM last night and swung till dark upslope. Got pretty dark fast but good a good signal. Threw the scoop full in the back of the car.

Went out again today and waited for a mate to arrive. Put the dirt on the ground and swung over and recovered a bit of ugly looking quartz.

Gave it a couple of light taps and blow me down this came to light. https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ages/10069/1593652155_img_20200702_110101.jpg

Before a clean I could only see the tiniest show of colour.

Any way retraced my steps as best I could, and we had a little 2 hour session. 1.2g (reefy), and 2 more little specis, all my mates targets in a line about 8 feet from the original. Best part, no diggings on the upslope of the hillside.

The little ugly speci might just be my new favourite piece. :D

now that is a lovely speci...

Best day so far with the SDC.

All bits came from a small gully/gutter that was worked with some reef workings 50m up the hill.
Didn't see any sign of previous detector scrapes and all targets were loud solid signals.
The area in general has been detected quite a lot but not here by the looks of it, which is a bit crazy but I'll take it.
Going back with the 5000 to do the slopes up to the reef and really do the area properly down bottom with the sdc.

Spent 4hrs with the missus and kids for 26 targets.
7 Junk (which I knew but dug anyway)
19 little nuggets which were all loud sharp signals
Biggest was .88g
Total 3.88g

1594008891_gold.jpg

Latest posts