Heatho's Equinox and CTX finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers mate, not really sure what the exact composition of Pandora rose is but I don't think it's sterling, I think it's roughly a 50/50 mix, wish they wouldn't make this :poop: lol.

Heatho said:
Cheers mate, not really sure what the exact composition of Pandora rose is but I don't think it's sterling, I think it's roughly a 50/50 mix, wish they wouldn't make this :poop: lol.
The rose metal is 17% Silver and 83% copper, coated in palladium and dipped in 14k rose gold .

Danny13 said:
Heatho said:
The rose metal is 17% Silver and 83% copper, coated in palladium and dipped in 14k rose gold .

8.( , didn't think it was that bad.... Haha.

Only person making money from Pandora is this lady, lol.

https://www.domain.com.au/news/jewellery-house-founder-karin-adcock-sells-9m-newport-home-954129/

Cheers Smoky, better than a poke in the eye. Just... :D

Last couple of hunts, park hunt with the Nox and a beach hunt with the CTX for a few crusty silvers.

1593320559_20200624_104715.jpg

1593320560_20200628_134849.jpg

1593320573_img_20200628_135207.jpg

Went for a hunt this afternoon at low tide after the big seas, very eroded again, must have been 1.5 metres of sand stripped off my local beach.

Anyway plenty of old crusty coins, plenty of silvers which was good to see.

Might try to clean up the florries and shillings.

1595047365_20200718_143030.jpg

1595047366_20200718_143035.jpg

1595047386_20200718_143039.jpg

1595047387_20200718_143043.jpg

Nice job Heath :Y:
I got out myself , not quite as many silvers as you but plenty of targets
Will sort it out and put pics up tomorrow

Theres silver on that there beach ;)
Yep , gotta be bloody mindful in these conditions
I never dig with my back to the water
And make sure you have an out
Not always easy with 6 foot erosion bank to scale :(

I was fishing the back beach at Rye and my band mates were up hi on the rocks. I was still a teenager and too smart for myself and called out to them above-there's seals in this little inlet-repeat. Pretty noisy until out of nowhere a huge wave came in and washed me of the ledge into the inlet with the seals. Lost most of my gear and learnt a lot.. :(

Same here Sandta, I never have my back to the sea either, definitely had an out too, it did catch me off guard though, saw it coming, took off for the steps but it was faster than me with my buggered leg lol.

Geez Jaros, that's one to remember lol, glad the seals weren't hungry.... :D

Got back today for a hunt, slim pickins as the council took some sand off the beach to take elsewhere and I think someone might have hit it at low tide last night.. Damn council took my treasure. 8.(

Will post pics sooner or later.

The Nox update is amazing too, felt I was finding deeper targets than usual and just felt it was more stable. I didn't like the first update much, it was certainly useable but seemed to detract from the original firmware, the second update was good, but this one seems to have really nailed it.

So anyone who hasn't updated their Nox certainly should in my opinion.

Heh Heatho. Interested to know how the new frequency in this update works. I thought the 4khz frequency can only be used on its own (i.e. it's not part of the multi-frequency parcel).

So if you're on the beach, do you just select Beach 1 or 2 mode and then switch to the single frequency (4khz)?

Also, I assume you were dry-sand detecting or on the waterline. Wondering how 4khz will work waist deep in water in Beach 2.