Sd2000 Vs gold monster

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday all lookinG at buying a sd2000 for about the same price as a gold monster I prospect around the heathcote area which is full of hot rocks I have read the monster doesnt really do well with hot rocks am Heading in the right direction with the sd cheers Dave

Qualified
I hear the same reports on the monster .But also read that they a good machines that find gold once you know how to use them and get your head around the noise.Now the sd 2000 is an old ,but fantastic machine . The two machines are different one vlf one pulse induction .I have owned a 2000 and actually bought it in heathcote and for that area it would be my choice of the two.Good luck

I have an SD2100 & a GM1000
Chalk & Cheese, but both are good in the right conditions.
But if you want to compare a GM vs an SD, then its like trying to drive an SUV where you should be driving a full 4WD.
GM : low-med mineral, quartz fields, mullock heaps, dry sandy creekbeds etc
SD : where the mineral is higher, &/or you know the nuggets are deeper

Hi all
Just a question please.
With the concern for magnetic and micrwaves being of influence to metal detectors would non stainless screws on the box eg magnetic be a problem.
Most are SS but the end cover has several of the screws that are magnetic. Look the same but are not.
I assume the others are ss, wondered if the odd screws so close to the circuit boards can cause them to be infuenced.

Thanks
Brett

Latest posts