Nundle crystal hunt

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilly47

Raymond Gill
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1503839720_hard_at_it_in_nundle.jpg

chasing my tail today at the Nundle crystal area

Good stuff! It's great to see some interest in some of the other amazing minerals in the world. Have been wanting to go on a bit of a hunt there for ages, I hear some real nice little clear ones come out round that area! Would love to see any finds if you were lucky enough. I might be back on the crystal hunt as this gold game seems to be getting harder and harder to play....

Hey KT found a small piece of quartz with a cupla small crystals on it, nothing like the advertisements though.

Spent today back at the hole I found stuff in yesterday, plenty of clay and quartz seams, no prizes though.

Ended up sledging a large quartz rock and found a small specimen, will soak and clean later in the week

ray

We just went for a wander around down the yrack till we found them on the top. Then had a dig

sorry to restart an old post but i just had a look on the nsw forestry map and this site looks like it is out of there territory and on private land with a EL licence on it? can someone confirm if this is correct or am i looking at the wrong place
1592247481_capture_1.jpg

I know the place on the map and there is/was an EL on that area and access was blocked. We used to walk through there to get to the Coprolite and there was a track to the Prase deposit. All been closed off I believe. The old Red Hill gold mine is in their too.

Hi, first time posting, but Ive just gotten into fossicking, I had my first dig up at Barrington tops This weekend (nearly froze) no luck unfortunately, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where I could poke around?

Thank you!

Latest posts