⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its been a while since Ive had a decent find.
However, the gold gods were kind to me on the Queens Birthday holiday. Vic GT, 12 to 13 inches down, mellow low high signal with the 4500 and 15 Evo.
I feel I can put this down to a lot of reading trying to understand geology and good spot research over the Covid lock down. Im a very happy camper. :p
Its currently in AliBrite to dissolve the clay and ironstone. Should come up real nice.
1591847006_a72e0350-261d-4a8f-9350-6cafe6e19b58.jpg

Dignit said:
However, the gold gods were kind to me on the Queens Birthday holiday. Vic GT, 12 to 13 inches down, mellow low high signal with the 4500 and 15 Evo.
I feel I can put this down to a lot of reading trying to understand geology and good spot research over the Covid lock down. Im a very happy camper. :p
Its currently in AliBrite to dissolve the clay and ironstone. Should come up real nice.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...7006_a72e0350-261d-4a8f-9350-6cafe6e19b58.jpg

Nice find Andy, goog on you. :Y: :goldnugget:

Cheers

Doug

Nice dignit congratulations, not going to ask you what area you found it in, but lets say you where on a slope or a flat, or say a gully or even a ridge line, were the type of diggings that you where closest to shafts or surfacings? Cheers

Nice lockdown project :D :power: :perfect: well done Andy I'm looking forward to our next catch up and hearing you relive the moment around the fire enjoying a few.

Dignit said:

Ripper find Dignit ..... didn't you say the other day you were ditching the SDC to look for bigger gold ..... well dome.
Cheers T.

Hey gang
have permission to go on a private property near Glanmire NSW ?? can't find anything on this field, apparently there are lots of shallow workings and some deep shafts as well . Lots of panning old in the creeks according to owners, but noone much has detected there. Chinese also had a large camp there .
Does anyone have experience in the area ??
Cheers BigRob

Finally got the GM back, and then got it settled enough for a quick power swing, although I was under the worklight that I had stashed in the back when this little one came to light.

New spot, but at least its working.

0.05 :lol:

1593164554_img_20200626_193911.jpg

Found this today, somewhere between 100mm to 200mm down in the GT. It must have been sitting flat I'd say for the DDX 25" to pick it up. I used Mrs D's digital kitchen scales, and it weighs somewhere between 1 & 2gs (being kitchen scales they measure to the nearest gram, and it flicks between 1 & 2, seemingly unable to make up its mind).

1593249457_firstdetectornugget.jpg

Latest posts