Alvey 650 = looking for.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all, my old Alvey 650 has finally packed it in after around 30 years and I was hoping someone here may have one not being used they may like to sell.
I don't really want the wide surf champion ( to heavy )and not really needing a drag either , just a basic 650 reel.
please let me know if anyone has one no longer needed .
cheers and thank you .

I've got 2 big alvey side cast reels, had them for about 40 years, they are equipped with a star drag system. I don't know which model it is but it holds about 500-800 metres of line. Pay the postage and you can have them
cheers Keith

I can measure them in the morning if you like

xcvator said:
I've got 2 big alvey side cast reels, had them for about 40 years, they are equipped with a star drag system. I don't know which model it is but it holds about 500-800 metres of line. Pay the postage and you can have them
cheers Keith

I can measure them in the morning if you like
Hi , mesage sent thank you.

Good one xcvator.... well done ! :D
I had found one on ebay.... but I'll leave it all dissapate since the problem is now solved.

I had one in the shed but it was me dear old Dads and I'm not yet ready to let go just quite yet.
Still got his beach rod for it too. :p

Went and looked
It's a 600
1592748788_screenshot_2020-06-22-00-10-22.jpg
1592748821_screenshot_2020-06-22-00-09-57.jpg
1592748852_screenshot_2020-06-22-00-10-36.jpg

pitty it wasn't still in the box hey...

silver said:
Went and looked
It's a 600

pitty it wasn't still in the box hey...

Mine are still in the boxes, They were bought back in 1977 from Bill's Bait Bar in Maroochydore, I still the fishing rods we bought back then too, :perfect:

silver said:

Thanks Silver for the Picture :Y:

Dam, I hope the company is still running, Loved that shop,

To the left of the shop and 1k is the bridge and round the back of the shop towards the bridge is Picnic Point near the boat ramp and as a family we spent hundreds of hours there fishing, and over by the North Shore by the river mouth is/was a great place for catching Tailor and Jewies, Had a nice 3.6kg Flatty out of there too :Y: :perfect: :inlove: :inlove:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts