What do you think of this equipment?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks old with just a coat of red oxide paint thrown on it. Some of the welds look a bit how ya going to.
Pretty pricey for what it is personally.

Looks like a good hobby tromel but the price is up there. With a bit of knowledge and spare time it could be knocked up for less than half that price.

ROFLOL

12,500 bucks for that ?

fmd !

i can see 5 faults with it and even if it was perfect i value it at $ 3400 tops.

I can make you a 24 " x 8 foot professional pilot plant trommel with 3 way classification and 3 x sluices for 2mm minus , 2 - 10 mm and 10 mm over for $ 16,000

and it will catch flour gold down to 200 micron.

I reckon they have shares in Red Oxide paint!!!
Go through all the photos and look at nearly every bit of plant or equipment in the back ground is red!!!

Simmo said:
I reckon they have shares in Red Oxide paint!!!
Go through all the photos and look at nearly every bit of plant or equipment in the back ground is red!!!

Yep, you are right there Simmo. Overspray everywhere. They are right though, new paint job. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Doug

Seen a few on Alibaba that look better and 1/4 of the price. I wouldnt mind one, for science ;)

1592739644_a541e3ca-ccf9-46c2-9588-f8d188a19669.jpg

12K for that!! Tell him hes dreaming, some people are just mad! Talk about a rip off! I should go into getting em made! Could do much better and cheaper!!
This boofhead and the other fool for 11.5k dont seem to be selling very well!! 6-7k would seam to be about the right price for that size plant, not a penny more!
The 1 above is better.
Is there even 1 Aussie co that makes a small mining washplant that works and will not cost a Gold mine??

1592791186_img_0299.jpg

I did own one of these , I never used it . It is a long story .

I still have the cast poly urethane riffles from that machine . They are $200 each plus postage . [heavy ] . There are 2 of them if anybody is interested . More photos and weight can be sent .

Brother said:
12K for that!! Tell him hes dreaming, some people are just mad! Talk about a rip off! I should go into getting em made! Could do much better and cheaper!!
This boofhead and the other fool for 11.5k dont seem to be selling very well!! 6-7k would seam to be about the right price for that size plant, not a penny more!
The 1 above is better.
Is there even 1 Aussie co that makes a small mining washplant that works and will not cost a Gold mine??

yup

Mike678 said:
I did own one of these , I never used it . It is a long story .

There are always some people on PA who are interested in moving beyond simple sluices/highbankers or detectors, so if you think your story has some potentially worthwhile learnings for others, I'm sure you'd have interested readers if you'd like to share it with us. :Y:

The Denver Gold Saver was made by the Denver Mining Equipment Company in the U.S.A . When I had mine in the 1980's they cost around $30,000 . I knew the sales engineer in Sydney . I nearly sold mine for $10.000 , at that time , but unfortuneatly the deal fell through .

The sluice box rocks from side to side . I still have the B.&S. 2 h.p. engine , that was on it . I think the original was bigger .
You can see them or copies on E - bay U.S.A.

I am still working on my chain type impact mill . Only a little welding to do now . Will post more photos soon .

After that is finished I will have a look at my centrifugal concentrator . If you have a spinning bowl , then you get more g - force on the gold particals . You only have 1 - g in a sluice box .

Hey guys thanks for all the feedback, appreciate that and I'll definitely give this unit a miss.

I've done a lot of research and can't seem to find any similar size trommel/wash plants manufactured/sold in Australia.

@crevicesucker I'd be really interested in what you make!

Been thinking long and hard about this type of set up, then had a few beers with a good mate and came up with 2 different but similar ideas. Both should be less than a cpl grand and still as effective.

Theres plenty around if you have 7k or more, just depends on how big you want it. If you just hand loading then you could probably buy 3 or so for the price they have on that.

Any way If I ever do dive into an alternative Ill put some pics up.

Latest posts