M&D Marks Fibreglass Super Sluice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DGI

Reaction score
I haven't seen this brand mentioned in any of the posts I've read. However it traps the finest alluvial gold in the riffles, without the need for any mats or frames, as required in the metal sluices.
I bought my kit in 1992,used it when I could till about 2000. Since then its been resting in my garage, apart from setting up in the backyard occasionally to run the pump for a while.
Same story as when I recently sold my GPX4000, at age 76 I can't do physical stuff anymore.
I've had the kit set up and running, so I know it's all OK. I have also taken photos that I'm not smart enough to get onto this post.
If anyone is interested in mygear, I can send photos via email or maybe text.
1- 1400 long sluice including header box
1- Honda GX110 motor with 2inch pump
75 metre 40mm fire hose (various lengths)
$1000.00

Hey Guys,

Got the images from DGI below:

1591242633_20200528_161922_resized_1.jpg

1591242633_20200528_162206_resized_1.jpg

1591242633_20200528_162113_resized_1.jpg

1591242634_20200528_171204_resized_1.jpg

1591242634_200604_123356_1_1.jpg

I saw it in person when I picked up the GPX4000, great condition!

G'day all,
No flicker of interest in my sluice? Is it the price, or the fibreglass material.
I would honestly like your opinions. Obviously, as a seller I am going to think my gear is worth more than a potential buyer would think, that's just human
nature.
However, I know the kit is capable and have about 22gms of Shoalhaven gold to show. Hopefully someone will take me up on my reduced price of $750-00.
I'm not going to give it away for any less.
Being of trade background (plumber,drainer,gasfitter)at the time of buying my sluice, I could easily have made a sheet metal sluice, and at less cost as well,
but I believed the theory that the sluice material being an inert substance, may not repel fine gold as a metal sluice may.
Sooo, I paid the dollars and have not regretted my purchase.
If anyone decides to lay down their hard earned for sure, I'll set up the sluice and drop in a couple of grams of gold to demonstrate. This won't
happen for tyrekickers, I'm old, not stupid.
. $750-00 includes the Demo gold.

Nice photos and looks like a nice bit of kit
But I think that the NSW people will stand off as they are illegal
And spending big money at this time of year when people have been out of work may have something to do with that as well
Just let it run and see how you go

Gday DGI Im very interested in your set up but just need to sort out how to get it to Newman WA pm me and we will see what we can come up with cheers Muk.

My thanks to 7.62marksman for your comments. Everything you said makes perfect sense to me.

G'day Muk,
Thanks for your enquiry, I'll do the pm thing tomorrow if I may, my eyes and body start winding down around this time.

Gday DGI Im very sorry but my friend who was going halfs with me has pulled out and bought his own sluice so I now cant buy yours as I already have one but was planning to use yours out in the bush but wanted my mate in on it sorry about that hope you get a quick sale cheers Muk.

Hello again Muk,
No worries Mate, thanks for letting me know, I've been on the laptop looking at options for getting a pallet with 56kg to WA.
No Sale, but the stress is gone too.

Thanks for your thoughts Nightjar, the setup in the above photos is only in my backyard, for demonstration purpose only.
There is no way this old man will be using the kit in the field again.

Mike678, thanks for posting the picture of the Super Sluice advertisement. It brings back memories, that's Martin Marks in the picture.

I never met him but he was a regular advertiser in the G.G. & T. at that time .

I know a few blokes who were active when MM was selling his gear. It was pretty expensive, even by standards back then, and Martin was a controversial fellow.

I believe the fiberglass sluices and pans could be a bit heavy and brittle.

There are a few links to be found on Google about him.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/panhandlers-and-little-diggers-catch-the-bug-20090608-c0y2.html

http://www.gold-net.com.au/archivemagazines/nov20/10895498.html#4

Reviews of the sluice probably need to be taken with a grain of salt, but the drop riffle design is pretty well established now, so I suppose old Martin was ahead of his time.

G'day everybody,
Thanks to all who chose to view or comment on my sluice. There has been no interest in my gear, so I am removing my advertisement from the website today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts