ON The Hustings With Danny13

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez, what a find. Just goes to show you never know when something special is about to pop out of the ground.

Mackka said:
I find it amazing that these still pop up occasionally, fantastic.
Mackka
Yeah , pretty easy to dismiss as a cheap foreign coin . I always imagined a sov to weigh heavy in the hand and be thicker , but its the opposite. Its thin and feels lite in the hand . If I new what it was , would of been out of there like a jack rabbit .

goldtrapper said:
Jut as well you didn't "tap it" with a digger to show some colour.
Yeah it got a couple of knocks on the rim when in the finds bag and a couple of marks on the old Vic head and some sand scratch which is unavoidable . But it cleaned up well :inlove:

Congratulations Dan.
Those thousands of hours combing the beaches and that sov was just waiting and waiting for you to come along.
Plan B paid off. :) :Y: :beer: :goldnugget:

Smoky bandit said:
Congratulations Dan.
Those thousands of hours combing the beaches and that sov was just waiting and waiting for you to come along.
Plan B paid off. :) :Y: :beer: :goldnugget:

Thanks Smokey,

Funny thing is I've lost my motivation to detect as much after finding the Sov, probably because I know its a once off - so its back to picking up golden circles .

Danny13 said:
HI Everyone,

Have not been on in a while , reason being my car was stolen a while back and also my detectors . I have registered the serial numbers with minelab as stolen but I will put them on here just in case someone pics up a detector second hand unsuspecting it may be stolen goods.

CTX 3030 serial numbers are: - S/NO 40446604050
S/NO 40446604056 (NOTE I HAVE 2 SERIAL NUMBERS FOR THE CTX3030 AFTER REPAIRS AND MINELAB SENT BACK A NEW ONE)
CTX 3030 COIL 17X13INC S/NO 40485603141

EQUINOX 800 S/NO 53661057956

KIND REGARDS

Hey Everyone,

Bit of good news , stolen car was found after 11 months - whoever took the car parked in a private car park and only took what was in the front of the car ie gps device , personal protection device (why?) , old mobile phone , finds bag. However they did not look in the back of the car the dumb asses and left the detectors behind. probably 2 heavy to carry and run at the same time . So I'm very happy and now have 2 equinoxes and ctx3030's which i plan to sell , both with big coils.

Happy days - tested them out and both in excellent condition. will have them in the for sale section once i call minelab and let them know the serial numbers are not stolen.

kind regards and happy hunting

Excellent news. Like having your children abducted and then having them turn up safe and sound (and then selling them because you went out and got two new kids in the meantime).