Sd2100 vs qed

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don in SoCal said:
Does the QED have a sufficient coil selection? Minelabs have a wide range of coils available both in house and after market. The TDI was produced with the intent that the coils which mate to the SD/GPX series could be useable. The compatibility of these coils to the TDI is somewhat sketchy and that in itself could be a whole new topic.
You can use any Minelab PI coil on the QED successfully.

Regards, Ian. :D

Thanks Ian, Good news. The QED has yet to make an appearance here in the USA so our familiarity to it is somewhat limited. With that said how would you compare the performance personality/capability with the other PI's, I'm sure it has a niche market.

Don in SoCal said:
Thanks Ian, Good news. The QED has yet to make an appearance here in the USA so our familiarity to it is somewhat limited. With that said how would you compare the performance personality/capability with the other PI's, I'm sure it has a niche market.
Hi Don,
I run a modified SD2000 an F1A4/M a GPX5000 and the QED all have their uses I now find myself using the QED in preference to any of the others when prospecting for new ground which is about 80% of the time I spend on the goldfields because of the QED's ergonomics and simplicity of use when you get to my age everything helps.

Regards, Ian. :D

Don in SoCal said:
there is a couple over there i reckon, go to detector prospector forum, the bloke was posting a few reviews on it.

Latest posts