Fake Fisher Gold Bug Pro detectors - be aware!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See how we go on the old Puter.
1589178980_wp_20200505_18_01_44_pro_-_copy1.jpg

Tell you one thing though. Since I jiggled the wiring near the coil plug the machine is working perfectly. Havent had to solder anything. Very impressive performance now. Best VLF Ive ever had. Simple and accurate.

Hydrocarbon said:
Hi there all.

Would just like to confirm the information provided above about the fake Gold Bug pros on Ebay.
I am starting the EBAY disputes process now and have also reported the seller for selling counterfeit product.
I think I will give prospecting a miss after this is sorted.

I had similar issues with solar panels they sold @ good power outputs but when measured ie in sq meters multiply by 1kw/m^2 and 17% conversion panel sold as 100w turned out in real life to be only 80w. U will probably get your money back but fleabay will not weed out these sellers.......they make too much from unscrupulous seller!
I c Amazon is selling the fisher gold bug pro for 888$ ... are these fakes two?

Just had the same thing happen to me. Bought on Ebay, wish I had read this first. Never dreamed there were so much counterfeits. Unfortunately, my detector died after three times being turned on. Only used it a week. Was on vacation so didn't get back to take care of it. Got in touch with the seller, acted like Fisher was going out of business, no inventory to replace it with. Then no contact for a week. I then called Fisher, they were wonderful. Told me about the clones. (Never guessed). The serial number is 6 digit starting with 8. Obvious fake. I would have never known, if this detector had kept working.
The FisherLabs man, Arturo, gave me the information to buy on Amazon. It has to say FisherLabs, and supplied by AmazonLLC. I am fighting to get my money back for the Ebay one. Too much money to lose. Seller, Dennis Coffern, will not let me return for refund. We will see. It doesn't work at all, won't turn on. :(

Sorry to hear that, dudette. The fakes are now far more common than the real ones on eBay, who don't seem to have any interest in fixing the problem. I'm not sure that Amazon is any better, either - they appear to have lots of shonky sellers too.
Press eBay hard for a refund - they've got very deep pockets. Good luck.

Please confirm the authenticity of my "Fisher gold bug pro".. Serial no are here.
ElPa80,Tx

GOLDBUG-DP-CC
0 89723 99959 4
Maldon Gold Centre is no longer in business. You need to contact Fisher headquarters in USA:

Fisher Labs
1120 Alza Dr.
El Paso, TX. 79907 USA
915-225-0333
1-800-685-5050
[email protected]

Latest posts