Long shafts for GPX's

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD3

Reaction score
Hi guys. Anyone know if there are any longer, by at least 6 inches, lower shafts for GPX's? I have an old whites one which I boosted up the washers to fit but want another longer shaft. Contacted Coiltek gold centre and was told nothing now available. Whites is now gone from Oz but does anyone know anyone that has longer than Minelab lower shafts?

Hi

You used to be able to buy the "Otto" fibre glass shafts, so you could replace the standard minelab metal top shaft with a fibre glass one, and you could also get a standard length lower shaft or a longer lower shaft as well, I have some of these that I still use when I am waving the bigger coils, but have not seen them advertised for awhile, maybe check out ebay or advertise for some on gumtree someone may have some available for sale.

Failing that just cut another standard shaft and add the piece in to another shaft get the desired length you need, they are hollow inside so you could use a piece of dowel inside to support the joins and put some good epoxy glue in to it, should do the trick and you can make them any length you want :Y:

Just had a look and found these ones. https://townsvilleprospectingworld.com/shafts- shaftaccessories-page1.htm

cheers

stayyerAU

I have still got some 900 and 1200 lower shafts. Purchased from coilteck in adelaide. I am located adelaide area if you are interested. $10 each

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciated. I need minimum 800 length so pm incoming @travelergold. :Y:

travelergold said:
I have still got some 900 and 1200 lower shafts. Purchased from coilteck in adelaide. I am located adelaide area if you are interested. $10 each

Hi Travelergold, if still available I'm keen. I would PM however I haven't made enough posts.
Are they gone?

Latest posts