Jewelry settings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day all,
Does anyone have any recommendations on where to buy quality jewelry settings that I can easily set stones into that I cut?
E.g. ring & earrings settings etc. I'm thinking quality in terms of Stirling silver & maybe gold.
Best regards
Mark

Gemcuts has definitely got some Stirling silver settings for rings, earrings and pendants but Im not sure about solid gold.

We used to use Rio Grande from the USA. Very good quality settings. The trick was to buy a decent amount to make the shipping cost worthwhile, ie, it cost the same amount to send a six-pack of beer to the US as it does to send a carton.

Why did we buy from the US? We discovered that some of the suppliers in Australia were supplying material that was not what it was said to be. A woman who purchased some earrings from us got irritation from the posts so they were not hypoallergenic and not white gold. Another time the ring metal developed spotting, once again not gold and other times sterling silver-plated.

Pat Hogen said:
We used to use Rio Grande from the USA. Very good quality settings. The trick was to buy a decent amount to make the shipping cost worthwhile, ie, it cost the same amount to send a six-pack of beer to the US as it does to send a carton.

Why did we buy from the US? We discovered that some of the suppliers in Australia were supplying material that was not what it was said to be. A woman who purchased some earrings from us got irritation from the posts so they were not hypoallergenic and not white gold. Another time the ring metal developed spotting, once again not gold and other times sterling silver-plated.

Thanks Pat will keep that in mind. I definitely want to go for quality. I notice that US post is quite expensive compared to others when buying off eBay.
Regards
Mark

G'day all, I checked all of the sites as recommended. L.A. Gems, located in Stanthorpe QLD as mentioned by Gilly appears to have the greatest range.
Regards
Mark

Latest posts