SDC2300 V2 updated version released

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Northeast said:
mbasko said:
OldGT said:
Anyone else spot this?
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ages/10069/1591091987_img_20200602_195858.jpg

All metal, Iron reject, and segment discrimination?

Interesting....

Can't see anything in the write up re: discrimination - would guess that would be at the top of the list of new improvements.

I am guessing it is a mistake by the marketing dept and is meant for another detector. But also can't see any other Minelab unit with 29 segment discrim - maybe that is one of the other 5 new things coming to market...? Was this an intentional leak to get tongue's wagging or an oversight by the work experience kid? :playful:

I had a bit of a look through all the listings, the model number ends in a 3 on the specs page but this is only version 2. All the rest of the detector numbers seem to follow 1 for initial release, then 2 for next gen update.

Anyway Im sure if it was coming out with V2 then it wouldnt be a secret, but perhaps the V3 will be the one with the Nox housing, interchangable coils and discrimination. :cool:

Ded Driver said:
OldGT said:
Anyone else spot this?
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ages/10069/1591091987_img_20200602_195858.jpg
All metal, Iron reject, and segment discrimination?
these specs dont seem to be from the Minelab website from the what I can see, so who knows if they're legit or not!

And this straight from the link in the first post.
1591179829_screenshot_20200603-182147.jpg

Beats me where the specs in post from OldGT came from.

Cheers

Doug

1591205958_screenshot_2020-06-04-03-37-49.jpg

Just speculating as always.. those discrimination details seem way too specific to be just an oops didnt mean to say/print that thing. I reckon maybee when minelab gave these details and specs to miners den, they made the mistake of ncluding the discrimination details that werent meant to be associated with the update sdc, but possibly for another upcoming machine (must be fairly iminent as they have worded the discrimination feature details in an advertising type phrase). So maybee there is another gold detector to be released soon with these disc. features.
Its doubtfull miners den mistakingly copy/pasted that info from another detector without minelabs complete instruction as no detectors discrimination is explained in that way that i know of. So the question is why did minelab have that explanation of a discrimination system written ready to pass on to a retailer? Another release soon would fit in with that line of thought

mbasko said:
There are 5 new Minelab products under development for financial year 2021 (between July 2020 - June 2021) so that's a possibility?

Cool. So technically a new machine could be released in 3 weeks.. At least we know they have the descrimination specs ready to go to print. :lol:
hopefully they dont bore me with another vlf detector :awful:

Going to splurge and get myself an SDC.
The " new offer" seems to throw in head phones etc.
But if camped out for a few days of use... ( no 240V ) charging.
What basic accessories are needed...?
Not picks and belts etc...
Just the extra batteries/ dc chargers etc.

Hi MH,

Standard box comes with a set of headphones as HH says and they are the headphones which fit the special waterproof jack connection. Several sets of batteries is a good idea, we run with 3 sets which get rotated each day while in the field, one set charged, one in the machine for that day and one set charging off solar panel during the day. Our charger came with 240 volt AC and 12 volt DC cords that interchange into the charger housing.

What you really need is a protective canvas cover. This protects all the important bits and allows you to tuck the headphone cable inside it to stop any pulling tension at the jack connection. A decent sales outlet should be able to be talked into including a cover and at least one set of extra batteries in with the original purchase.

The other essential is a lower knuckle guard. A company called Lucky Knuckle makes them, but I think others do too. If you are buying the newest Minelab SDC 2300 model I read that one is now supplied in the box. The original model needed one aftermarket.

Good luck,
Graham

Hey MH

When I go for afew days I have
2 sets of fully charged rechargeable batteries ( 4 batteries per set)
6 ever ready batteries from coles or woolies
Only once has the the two sets of rechargeables not lasted two days

They seem to go for about 6 hours each set.

Yeah youll get

an arm rest neoprene cover

Lithium battery

240v charger

Dc charger (but with battery clips to suit a 12v car battery, not a "car" charger)

Knuckle protector fitted.

From what Im told battery life seems pretty good, last update was 5 hours on first charge and still showing full led on battery check. I think if you ask to get another you wont be dissapointed.

Maybe Jaycar can spec a car charger to suit if theres no minelab brand that can be negotiated for. Shouldnt be to hard to match if not, specs are on the charger.

Those knuckle protectors wear through pretty quick, Id put a couple on order if they cant be sourced/not free. About $20 when I went to Miners den for mine.

Good cover with a set of feet is a must as already mentioned. DD leather do a nice job of both :Y:

Depending on your recovery style Id think about something like this too.

Cheers.

1593596098_img_20200630_200659.jpg

Wrapped this for my mate, will take a fair bit of punishment and if it gets through the top layer, just peel off and add new. Cheap cheap like the Budgie compared to scratching the Sh!t out of it come the day you want to part with it.

Thanx for the info guys!
Haven't been in the loop for detecting very much.
Bones are getting old... and getting soft! ( blue pills only harden you up in certain areas... that cement is best taken with water! Cough!) :argh:
Wish I could still dig like a 20 year old possessed!

Latest posts