Getting back into it

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I gave detecting away maybe 2yrs ago, and really do miss it. I sold my Deus back then. So now I am looking at buying an Orx, or Equinox. I will see Clegy in Newy, and hopefully he can do me a deal. I cant choose between both detectors at this stage. I loved my Deus, so the more affordable Orx would be easy for me to use. But hearing good things about the Equinox, and it is a fully featured machine. I might not like the weight of it compared to the Orx though.
Cheers

I don't think theresmuch in it. The nox is 1.3kg, xp orx is 1kg, but it's only got a 9 inch coil vs 11 so theres the diff.

Nox is multi frequency as well, it's a great machine. Although the hip mount and other features of the xp are better.

Xp orx isn't waterproof with an accessory.

Can't believe it has been that long rocket, I have both detectors and still prefer the Deus with regards to the audio, weight and ergonomics. If you prefer to detect by id numbers then the nox is probably the more ideal and accurate of the two, guess I still just prefer going off the tones, especially on the older relic sites. :D

I don't like i.d. numbers flashing all the time , gives me a head ache ! I have a Minelab Explorer , like to watch the screen , my hearing is not so good at 75 . Picked up $5.80 on the beach yesterday . One penny and one half penny plus a few 1 and 2 cents .

Which way ya gunna-go ?
1591167286_images-9.jpg

Go H A R D....... or go home... :p
1591167338_images-8.jpg

Sandta said:
Did someone say hot spot ?
Count me in ;)

........................... :cloudy: :cloudy: :cloudy:
........................... ''
......................... :fire:
..................... :fire: :fire:
................. :fire: :fire: :fire:
............. :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:
......... :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

That's why they are secret.... like life's biggest mysteries :eek:

G'day Rocket, good to see you. Was going to say come and give mine a test run as I'm on the Central Coast now but...... I see you've taken the plunge.

Took me a few hunts to get used to the Nox, though didn't take long to master.

Latest posts