An Aussie Button a long way from home.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I ve lived in this place for nearly 9 years and I just walked out side at 2am and standing next to my van I looked down and saw a small round disc when I scratched the surface of the dirt I could see it was a button, I bought it inside and rinsed it under the tap and it turns out it is an Australian 12mm "Best Ring Edge" Button that dates back to the late 1800's to around 1920,

1590801685_aussie_button.jpg

Could have been off the clothes of one of the "Cons" that England was so happy to get rid of in the early stage and then the silly bugger on release has decided to go back to England with either the intention of bringing out all his relatives because of the good life or because 'GOLD' had been found by this stage and he thought the more the merrier or he had gone back with pockets full of gold so he could move up the social ladder a couple of rungs and show what a fine fellow he really was and how the enforced trip to Oz had really worked and he was now fit to be a member of the House of Lords. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Graham

Maybe your place has a history with an Aussie connection you don`t know about. The button could also be from a pair of pants imported to England at the time. Have a scratch around with the detector and see if you turn up anything else .

You never can tell what has happened here, I tried to run a PI in the Garden here and it would not shut up until I got the coil over 5ft / 1.5mtrs off the ground due to the Subway Train Tunnels that are made of Cast Iron, they are down about 6 or 8 feet.

This area was so badly Bombed during the War you can't swing a coil more than 50mm without hitting at leased 10 targets, Most of my sites make a detector sound like a machine gun when you wave a coil over them but this place is impossible to detect. :( :mad: 8.( 8.( 8.(

Latest posts